The Hostess

Shared experiences of life, and the path that has led you to where you are.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, Astrid

FCArtist

The Hostess

Postby FCArtist » Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:46 pm

She is the one who exists for those around her. Giving her all for the ones she loves so they can live the best life possible because she is the Hostess of the party. she primps and prepares everything till it is just right. She whips up a batch of inspiration and support serving it up on a silver platters. The wonderful scents of love and support fill the house. The Hostess creates the delightful scents and tastes of success to fill each heart. She rushes around the kitchen as she strives to help each special person. The Hostess sets the table in a way to please any critical eye. I piece of beauty for each dish of her best efforts. The Hostess makes everything in hopes to make everyone feel special, cared for and loved.
The guests arrive and are greeted with the warmest of affection. The Hostess pours glass after glass of support and hope in abundance. Over filed glasses spill here and there around the floors. she watches and assists as all her loved ones accomplish dream after dream.The Hostess observes each loved one move through the party of life with easy and comfort. The Hostess lends a hand when anyone trips on the dance floor or spills a drink. Laughing andsmiling with each loved one briefly as she moves to each one to help with accomplishment after accomplishment. The Hostess watches them float in the dance of success, and wonders how it must feel. The Hostess is the true wall flower of life. The hostess is the one in the back of the room making everything run smoothly and yet she has no time to enjoy the festivities. She does not have time to taste drink or enjoy all she painstakingly helps create. She does not dance nor does anyone ask her to. The guests move about her as they live it up with a smile. She wanders from guest to guest giving and striving her her own greatness, giving her all to each and every one in the rooms around her. She wishes and gives her best making them smile and enjoy life the best she can, for them to live life to the fullest. The Hostess catches bits of conversations around the room. gives inspirations and moves to the next task at hand. She basks in their goals and accomplishments as if they were her very own. The Hostess watches them soar to all heights.
One by one each guest leaves the party . Their goals accomplished and bellies full they travel home again. All the guests sport large, bright smiles full the knowledge of another task well done. Their hearts full of joy and pride and most of all the self confidence lent to them by the Hostess. She bids them the kindest parting and sees them safely off with a hug a smile and kind words.
The Hostess stands alone in the lingering air of love and pride, a mess at her feet, the clutter of hopes and left over dreams lay about the floor. She looks about the house then turns on music. A long since forgotten tune. The Hostess starts to move in a dance even though she has forgotten how. She is awkward in her movements. She twirls this way and that only to stumble, but she tries again as the music plays on. No one left to laugh with and no one left to correct her or hold her steady. She just smiles to herself as she sways this way and that. The Hostess tries to find the beat and rhythm of what was once hers.
The Hostess begins to sing along to the music. She searches for the words of her long forgotten favorite song. Her voice is out of tune but then there is no one there to criticize her. Through the night she she sings a song and dances to the beat of long forgotten needs, wants, and desires. Rediscovering those things long since left behind or given to others in love and affection. Word by word returns to the music and her voice. The dance becomes a smooth movement across the floor.
The Hostess watches the sun rise. The soft rays of first light spilling over her and all that is left at her feet. It is the shine of the dreams and goals long left behind by the Hostess. The light brightens and fills the room more and more as time passes. It is now time for the Hostess to lend herself some of the kindness and inspiration. It is time.Time for the Hostess to keep her hopes, support to create her own success. It is time for the Hostess to laugh, to sing, to dance. Time for the Hostess to shine, to rise to sour once again ...

I hope this short story touches and inspires
The story is based on things in my life
I am learning to do for myself and I hope all the givers out there find the me in life [/b]

dougsan

Postby dougsan » Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:55 am

Thank you. The short story was thought provoking and positive.

Av

Postby Av » Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:22 am

This is a wonderful story. The character of the Hostess touches my heart with her sacrifice and compassion, the enthusiasm in helping others. If the Hostess were not there, or she were not what she was, so many people might never have been inspired to succeed, or those successful might never have identified the joy and meaning of success. The Hostess deserves to at least be patted on her back, at the end of the day, thanked and be told that she has been doing an excellent job. Thank you for sharing this with all of us.

Return to “Your Story”