I hate my sister

Shared experiences of life, and the path that has led you to where you are.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

Ahogami

I hate my sister

Postby Ahogami » Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:19 pm

Hello.. No, this is not one of those threads where I'm jealous that she has more than me etc. I hate her because she does nothing.

My sister started being the way she is now, because she couldn't find a job. Not just any job, a engineering job. Apparently everyone in her class found a job and pass their interview but her. And this triggered something in my sister, since it's been a year since she actually did anything with her life.

She stays at home looking at info of her kpop idol, she doesn't help with the chores, she doesn't talk to her friends for advice or support. She's basically setting herself for failure.

We are on the point of losing our house and yet she's still doing nothing. I don't know what to do with her anymore. Just thinking about her is driving me back to my depression.... Because I failed high school and I'm still struggling with school to obtain my high school diploma as well as, going into my major. At least my sister has a high school diploma, at least she's smart. Yet she's so blind. She doesn't even attempt to see the positive anymore...she's driving me insane....

jj

Postby jj » Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:48 pm

Hey ahogami,

Have you tried talking to your sister about this? Do you think maybe she is experiencing some sort of depression herself? No motivation to do anything, isolating herself, lost interest in things, has had a set back in her life, and if she's at home all day every day, that's not good for anyone.

I'm sorry you're distressed by this and that you're nearly losing your house though. If I were you I'd try to understand why she's acting like this though, could be that she is really unhappy with her life at the moment and needs some support in facing up to the reality of it .. Maybe?

jj

Ahogami

Postby Ahogami » Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:34 pm

jj wrote:Hey ahogami,

Have you tried talking to your sister about this? Do you think maybe she is experiencing some sort of depression herself? No motivation to do anything, isolating herself, lost interest in things, has had a set back in her life, and if she's at home all day every day, that's not good for anyone.

I'm sorry you're distressed by this and that you're nearly losing your house though. If I were you I'd try to understand why she's acting like this though, could be that she is really unhappy with her life at the moment and needs some support in facing up to the reality of it .. Maybe?

jj
She is depressed. I confronted her numerous times too. Our fight escalated to the point where she wanted to kill herself by banging her head on the wall.

I feel like she gave up on herself. She doesn't want to do anything because she has no motivation. When it's right there in front of her. Last month, the day I wrote this her friends came and gave her a birthday cake and supportive birthday cards.

Every day when I look at my sister I get angry. It's not even that hard to get a menial job yet she won't do that either. My school marks are suffering from my anxiety of keeping this hidden, of bottling everything inside me.

We are going through so much this year and she can't even pull herself together.

dougsan

Postby dougsan » Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:52 am

I respect the frustration and difficulty of the position you find yourself in. I went through something quite similiar with my mother. Fortunately she was a drunk. I couldn't get her admitted to a psychiatric hospital, she had to do it voluntarily (state law). So, I took mum and dad out for lunch, got them both drunk and then had her sign herself into a pyschiatric hospital -- this was planned with the admitting Dr. She stayed for 90 days. I visited her every day, even though I hated her for past actions. When she got out she was a changed person (lots of electric shock therapy) and was so until she died a year later. My father cursed me everytime we got together for getting her that help. Well, f*** him. It was the right thing to do.

Your sister is deeply depressed and has to get help. How you accomplish this will be special to your and your sister's situation. I would begin by talking with her reigious leader who should be able to recommend professional people to help you. The fact that she crashed her head into the wall might suggest to authorities she is a danger to herself and needs help whether or not she wants it.

I hope you manage to get through this still on top.

Clear Skies and Rainbows

Return to “Your Story”