Not sure if i want to tell my complete story.

Shared experiences of life, and the path that has led you to where you are.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, Astrid

IDK

Not sure if i want to tell my complete story.

Postby IDK » Tue May 22, 2012 1:46 am

But i will tell some of it.

I should probably begin with my age.
Im 17 years old.

My real dad decided to leave me and my mom when i was 2 or 3.
Soon after i started school, my mom met someone who started my suffering.

This guy was really bad. He abused me and my mom, verbally, physically, and- at least with me- sexually.
He was extremely strong, and we were no match for him.
From when i was in 2nd grade (or 3rd. i dont remember exactly) till i was in 8th, me and my mom were abused. It was bad to begin with. It got worse.
We lived in fear.
"Will we be alive tomorrow"
"What will he do tonight"

As if that wasnt enough.....
my school life was bad too.

Im not talking about being beat up.
i remember, every time i used to do a project for school, it would be ruined. I.E. I made a solar system project. It looked like the real thing. i made sure i painted the 'planets' to look as much like the real ones as i could.

The teacher told us to leave the projects in the room.
When i went to present my project, i saw my project , (which i was very proud of) and it was ruined. They had taken and broken off the balls, and shoved toothpicks in them. They had used them to attack each other.

Of course, i got a F.

Not only that, but I've never fit in.
Always, have i been "made fun of".

and when i finally told my mom what had been happening to me, and we told the cops and the school- the school TOLD THE KIDS.
it was terrible.

now, at least no on makes fun of me, but then again, no one wants to be my friend either.

The few people that DO talk to me aren't friends, and one of them even practices stabbing on me. (dont ask why)

Im so tired of this.
Why cant something good happen to me for once?

I doubt anyone will care enough to reply.

Destination

Postby Destination » Tue May 22, 2012 2:09 am

Sounds like you've had a hard life from the start. Makes my life look like a walk in the park. Hope things get better for you.

dd-va

Postby dd-va » Tue May 22, 2012 1:05 pm

IDK,
Thank you so much for sharing your story. *hugs* to you for getting through all of it. Hope that things improve for you soon. Take Care

IDK

Postby IDK » Tue May 22, 2012 2:27 pm

Thanks guys. But there are still things i havent posted up here. Its really hard to cope.

St8arrow

Re: Not sure if i want to tell my complete story.

Postby St8arrow » Tue May 22, 2012 2:58 pm

IDK wrote:
I should probably begin with my age. Im 17 years old.

My real dad decided to leave me and my mom when i was 2 or 3.
Soon after i started school, my mom met someone who started my suffering.

This guy was really bad. He abused me and my mom, verbally, physically, and- at least with me- sexually.
He was extremely strong, and we were no match for him.
From when i was in 2nd grade (or 3rd. i dont remember exactly) till i was in 8th, me and my mom were abused. It was bad to begin with. It got worse. We lived in fear. "Will we be alive tomorrow" "What will he do tonight"

As if that wasnt enough.....my school life was bad too.

From St8arrow

It was next to impossible for your school life, or for that matter, any other part of your life to be normal, when you had to deal with a sexual pervert, bully and monster like you have indicated above.

From IDK

--- when i finally told my mom what had been happening to me, and we told the cops and the school- the school TOLD THE KIDS. it was terrible.
now, at least no on makes fun of me, but then again, no one wants to be my friend either.

The few people that DO talk to me aren't friends, and one of them even practices stabbing on me. (dont ask why) Im so tired of this.
Why cant something good happen to me for once?

You need to talk to a counselor or a psychologist about the abuse that you have been subjected to. I don't think your Mother's financial situation is such that you would be able to pay for this help privately. Someone at your school will help you. Simply be as honest with that person as you have been with us here on this website. KNOW THIS WITHOUT AN IOTA OF DOUBT. YOU ARE NOT, AND I REPEAT, YOU ARE NOT TO BLAME FOR YOUR PSYCHOLOGICAL PROBLEMS.

Almost nobody could endure what you have endured and come out happy and cheerful. Don't be a stranger on this site. We can either help you directly or suggest who to go to for the help that you need. You are much braver than you think you are.

Coming into this site and telling us as much as you have about your abuse takes too much courage to be wasting your time thinking that you are a coward or worthless. --- "You are a child of the Universe, no less than the trees and the stars. You have a right to be here."

IDK

Postby IDK » Tue May 22, 2012 6:16 pm

St8arrow- i dont think anyone at my school wants to help me.

And anyone i have told in person (INCLUDING PROFESSIONAL COUNSELORS) either haven't been able to handle it, or they tried their best, and it seemed to help, but it didnt.

St8arrow

Postby St8arrow » Tue May 22, 2012 7:56 pm

IDK wrote:St8arrow- i dont think anyone at my school wants to help me. And anyone i have told in person (INCLUDING PROFESSIONAL COUNSELORS) either haven't been able to handle it, or they tried their best, and it seemed to help, but it didnt.

I'm trying my best not to be arrogant but if a professional counselor isn't able to handle your story, then how did he or she get to be a professional??????????

As I have told others on this site, see if you can find a cognitive behavioral therapist with a strong sense of empathy. Failing that, I would suggest you get two books. One by Dr. Joseph Glenmullen and the other by Peter R. Breggin.

I am sorry, but at this moment I cannot come up with the titles of those two books but I will look it up and get back to you as soon as I can. I am on a library computer and I try to limit myself to 3 or 4 hours of internet use per day. Please be patient if I do not respond to you as quickly as you might otherwise hope for.

St8arrow

Postby St8arrow » Tue May 22, 2012 8:04 pm

The book by Joseph Glenmullen is called, --- The Anti-Depressant Solution and the one by Peter Breggin is called, --- Toxic Psychiatry. Both of these men are steeped in empathy as well as psychological knowledge.

A third book is called, --- The Resilience Factor. It was co-authored by Karen Revitch Ph. D. and Andrew Shatte PH. D. Both of these people are Cognitive Behavioral Therapists. It just might be the best book of the three of them.

IDK

Postby IDK » Wed May 23, 2012 1:56 am

St8arrow wrote:
I'm trying my best not to be arrogant but if a professional counselor isn't able to handle your story, then how did he or she get to be a professional??????????

Dont ask me, but the session that i mentioned anything to him about what i'd been through - well, he never showed up for another session.

St8arrow

Postby St8arrow » Wed May 23, 2012 1:55 pm

IDK wrote:
Dont ask me, but the session that i mentioned anything to him about what i'd been through - well, he never showed up for another session.

I'm guessing here but I do think that it is an educated guess. He was worried that if he actually did something about what you told him, it would necessarily include issuing a warrant for your abusers arrest. Then the abuser might just threaten the Psychologist.

I guess the guy wanted to make a good living but not get too involved with people like you. I think he should find another job. Incidentally, I believe that conglomerated fear is the real reason that a person's behavior is deflected so drastically that someone, such as your disappearing Psychologist, labels that person as mentally ill. Look what his fears did to him. They deflected him out of honoring your next appointment with him. SHAME ON HIM!!!!

Return to “Your Story”