My forum birthday!

Shared experiences of life, and the path that has led you to where you are.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, Astrid

lisalou

My forum birthday!

Postby lisalou » Fri Oct 01, 2010 5:16 am

Today it is exactly a year since I joined the DU forum and i wanted to thank each and every one of you for making me feel welcome, loved, listened to and supported. It's been a tough and emotional year for me!!! I'm so glad i found this website,it's been an invaluable resource in helping me fight my battle against depression. so a big thank you to the team who run and moderate the site too

Lisa xxx

hollyann

Postby hollyann » Fri Oct 01, 2010 6:29 am

(((((((((((((((((((LisaLou))))))))))))))))

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:55 am

(((((((((((((((((((( lisalou ))))))))))))))))))))))

A year since you have become a member of our family!!! Yeah!!! You are an important part of many lives now, hope you know that. I know that this site is there for many, and through it all WE have become close, as I said a family. One that I love and care for so much.

May the next year be a better more fulfilling one for you. You are sure a great addition to all of us, always there, giving your love and support, understanding and caring. Thank you for all that hon.

Warmie

TackingIntoTheWind

Postby TackingIntoTheWind » Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:40 pm

Happy forum-birthday, (((( lisalou ))))!!!!
Thank you for being part of this site as well! I've also found it an invaluable resource in getting to manage my own depression better.
( You're definitely someone that I would admit to liking. As long as there weren't any other Welsh people close enough to hear me, of course! Admitting to liking an English person could get me into serious trouble with the Welshness Police! :wink: )
Seriously though, hope your next year is a good, fulfilling one for you!!!! :)

lisalou

Postby lisalou » Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:09 pm

thank you for your replies everyone,i feel honoured to have such good friends. and as an only child i really appreciate my surrogate 'family'

p.s tacking,if it makes you feel any better,i may be a little bit welsh,i do really love cheese on toast and it's been raining so much here i feel an affinity with your,er...well-watered land!

TackingIntoTheWind

Postby TackingIntoTheWind » Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:04 am

Thanks (((( lisalou ))))! :) I choose to believe that you are, in fact, Welsh if you go back far enough in your family tree. That way I can think of you as a friend without drawing the suspicion of the Welshness Police. ( And, I think that I'm already viewed with a certain amount of suspicion by them as my Father was born in Eng...I mean, the country to the right of Wales, and I've never sung in a male-voice choir! :shock: :wink: )
Our land is certainly " well-watered " at the moment! The Ryder Cup golf event started in South Wales yesterday and the heavens opened!!!! From what I hear they had to suspend play several times yesterday because the rain was bucketing down so much! :roll: :wink:

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:12 am

Geesh.... what's with everyone getting rain but me? Less than an inch of rain in over two months. My green grass is now brown and hiding.

Rain 'suppose' to happen today. Fingers, toes, eyes, and anything crossable is done now.

:)

Warmie

lisalou

Postby lisalou » Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:04 pm

Tacking, Mark had welsh rarebit for lunch today so he is doing his bit to advance us further away from England! more and more rain today. mentally wishing some over your way Warmie. have been having a really bad day today,been extremely low and despairing, completely incapable of clear thought or making even the most basic of decisions. ended up very confused and crying my way around town. am meant to be going out for drinks for a friend's birthday tonight and it feels as possible as growing wings

crystalgaze

Postby crystalgaze » Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:07 pm

Hi Lisa! Sorry I missed it! Still ((((((((((((((( Lisa ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Yay! :)

Monty

Postby Monty » Sun Oct 10, 2010 2:50 pm

Congratulations Lisa.

I haven't been on-line for a bit so I am also sorry that I wasn't able to congratulate you on your special day.

I have come and been away from the forums for a while now so I am not sure just how long I have actually been posting.

You are certainly one of the precious members of the forum.

So glad that I am getting the chance to know you, and appreciate the help that you give others.

lisalou

Postby lisalou » Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:02 pm

thank you for your friendship monty,i'm glad i met you too. you have always been really helpful to me and everyone else on the forum

here's hoping i'm still on the forum for a second birthday!

Return to “Your Story”