Is it best to log out ?

How to improve the forums – alternatively visit our contact page.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

Aurelia5

Is it best to log out ?

Postby Aurelia5 » Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:58 am

In a house full of people using one computer it makes sense to log out, but if you are the only one using it, is it best to log off each time you are finished for the night, or does it matter?
:?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

georgiapeach

Postby georgiapeach » Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:25 am

aurelia5, im just a fellow forum member user, but i stay logged in all the time. personally i dont believe it matters weather you are logged in or not 24/7. for me its just easier so i dont have to keep entering all my info again such as username/password... just thought maybe you'd like hear from a fellow member. hope it helps but i believe it is personal preference

aim

Postby aim » Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:20 am

Aureila - I log out after each time I post. Don't feel the need to stay logged in, since e-mail arrives when new posts are written in the threads I am involved in.

Also, when you log into the forums, you can go to the top right hand corner and click on, "posts since last visit," and see all of the new postings since you were around last. I find that one very helpful. Especially since I post often from work.

Aurelia5

Stay logged in?

Postby Aurelia5 » Fri May 01, 2009 6:25 pm

Hi Amy-

Thanks for writing back. I didn't understand about emails coming in when new posts are written. I'm really old fashioned and dumb about computers.
I went to that place that lists all the new posts and was instantly overwhelmed. I couldn't tell if people were writing back to me, or to everyone. I wish there was a more personal way to talk to people, sort of like email I guess. I don't know what I want.

Thanks for your patience.

Aurelia5

Logged in?

Postby Aurelia5 » Fri May 01, 2009 6:28 pm

Thank you Georgiapeach. I was hoping I could do that since logging in and out is such a hassle. I'm one of those people who computers just don't do the trick for, but we are stuck with them. I can even make a copier jam just by standing near it. I kid you not.

A.

Obayan

Postby Obayan » Tue Jun 15, 2010 2:55 am

Hi. I'm usually in the chat room, but i keep this site open 24/7. I put up an "away" status such as Obayan-away and keep it all open so that way all my friends are still right here with me even when i'm sleeping.

Return to “Feedback and Suggestions”