Trivia

How to improve the forums – alternatively visit our contact page.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

Jenna1234

New Cats

Postby Jenna1234 » Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:20 pm

Hey Peachy why don't you do a math section. Obviously not like.. crazy hard questions with derivatives and matrices, but like... something easy to write out (doesn't take symbols) etc. If you need help, I'm sure Phat can help! teehee :lol:

I was thinking about a Canada section, but hey, maybe I'm biased and think my country is the best!! So I will maybe create a Music section? Anyone have suggestions? I can choose any topic really!

Jovian: get started on the astronomy section!

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:30 pm

Pets?

Cooking/foods?

Music groups?

Children movies?

60's/70's/current music?

Corny and useless suggestions, but thought I would toss them your way.

(((((((((((((((((( Jenna )))))))))))))))

Jeanie

jen21

Postby jen21 » Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:35 pm

Can I do an animal section??? Would give me something to do on the nights I can't sleep! Oh, or a Disney section!

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:40 pm

(((((((((((((((((((((( jen )))))))))))))))))))))))

Of course, why not?

The more sections and questions the better!!

Jeanie

Jenna1234

Thanks

Postby Jenna1234 » Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:27 am

Sweet, great ideas girl! Someone let Cookie know!! She will be thrilled :)

Peace be with you all,
Jenna1234

georgiapeach

Postby georgiapeach » Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:02 am

guys i think this is great the we can do this! We should try to get our minds together and figure this out!!! Math is very simpe or atleasst i think it is so i figure questions asking multiplication, division, addition, subtraction, and perfect squares/square roots are good ideas. Jen i think doing a section soley on animals and/or disney would be awesome! jenna next time i see cookie i will let her know whats up. i think she would be tickled pink. ok im off to my prenatal appointment!!!

jen21

Postby jen21 » Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:39 pm

(((((((((((((((Stephen and Jeanie)))))))))))))))))
Well I'm at about 120 animal questions/answers and was wondering, would it be better to just add questions to existing categories or to create all new ones? As mine would easily fit into science and nature. Hope you are both well, I think I will work on the Disney one tonight :)

-Jen

Stephen
SENIOR MASTER MODERATOR

Postby Stephen » Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:56 pm

Hi ((((((( All )))))))

Wow, some of you have you been really busy "/me points at Jen particularly with a smile". Just a few points though:

Firstly I've spoken to Jeanie and she's going to receive your questions and answers -- I'm sure she'll give you her contact details soon. She'll pass them on to me so I can do the geeky bit.

As to whether you want to:

1) add questions to the existing categories
2) create new completely separate categories, or
3) create one new category with all your combined questions in

... is up to you and how you want the game to work (I don't play it, so I'm not a good judge here).

I guess if we created one massive "Random Trivia" question category, it would mean that those submitting questions could at least play the game -- I mean, if you've created a category about animals, you couldn't really play the game when that was running as you'd know all the answers! Just a thought... as I said it's up to you.

Another point I thought of is about the maths (yes, UK spelling) questions. You know how the bot gives hints? Well, if you've asked a questions such as:

What is 600 divided by 150?

It will start hinting as such:

1st Hint: 4

Which will give the answer straight away.

So you'd need to give the answer in text form, i.e. "four". The bot would then hint:

1st Hint: F---

2nd Hint: Fo--

3rd Hint: Fou-

Anyway, you're all intelligent people you don't need me patronising you.

Take care guys,

Stephen

Stephen
SENIOR MASTER MODERATOR

Postby Stephen » Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:44 pm

Or if anyone's got a lot of time on their hands, I've found about 500 - 1000 questions all in one file, but they're all in the wrong format for our bot and would need a very keen eye to "recode" them... just a thought, and just trying to help.

Stephen

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:35 pm

(((((((((((((((((( Stephen ))))))))))))))))))))

Send the questions to me please. Will do this for you.

For others, my email. Looking forward to getting the answers/questions from you.

[email protected]

Send away! :)

Thank you to everyone, this is fantastic!!

Love to all

Jeanie

jen21

Postby jen21 » Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:37 pm

I will Stephen if you'd like to email them to me, [email protected] (theres an underscore there)
Yes, anything not to sleep :p

((((((((((((Stephen))))))))))))))
Thanks for letting us do this!

georgiapeach

Postby georgiapeach » Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:06 pm

stephen if you would like to email some to me also i could give it a whirl on recoding them :d my email addy is [email protected] so yep. ive been started on math now. not as easy as i thought it would be. guess being tired doesnt help either! but i like it. its joyful for me

Stephen
SENIOR MASTER MODERATOR

Postby Stephen » Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:08 pm

It's good to see so many willing people :)

I'll sort something out tomorrow -- perhaps e-mail you all the questions and you then decide between yourselves which parts you want to do, or I'll try and divide it up and send you each a section separately. Not sure yet... what do you think?

Sorry my full attention isn't on this right now (but I'm trying my best) -- I'm moving house so my online time is limited at the moment.

One point Fonty suggested about the Maths section is to perhaps state in each question:

Thirty six:What is six times six (no calculators guys!) ?

... just because it's naturally unfair on those trying to work things out mentally to be competing with those using a calculator.

We'll get there... and I do think the trivia section a good addition to the other mediums of chat we have... something "fun" -- and we all need that at times :)

Stephen

cookie

Postby cookie » Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:23 pm

peachy I agree.... I got to 500 and the main reason was the questions were so repetitive, and I remembered alot of the answers

Eliott dropped pizza before seeing ET
Nothing can stop the duke of earl
The most played beatles song on the radio is Yesterday

I am happy to think of some questions... I love playing entertainment ?!?!

TRIVA RULES !

Ps: I also think that there should be some ceremony for the people that have already reached 500 : :D and perhaps notifying the whitehouse of this achievement.....

jen21

Postby jen21 » Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:30 pm

So thanks to Stephen's hard work we now have some new questions! Thank you so much Stephen!!! Not many so far, but its a start. I have the huge file of random trivia now just let me know if you'd like a piece and I will give it to you. Currently there is a new math section and a random trivia section that at the moment contains animal and Disney trivia. Also, the scores now go to 5000 :) Thank you again Stephen!!!

-Jen

Return to “Feedback and Suggestions”