Depression and COVID-19

News and discussion.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

CamGirl

Depression and COVID-19

Postby CamGirl » Mon Dec 14, 2020 6:36 am

COVID-19 has surely made a lot of impact on our lives. Some developed depression, while some who already have it worsened due to the lockdowns. How are you guys affected by it? How are you dealing with everything that has been going on?

CamGirl

Re: Depression and COVID-19

Postby CamGirl » Mon Dec 21, 2020 10:41 pm

Up

RobDuglas

Postby RobDuglas » Wed Dec 23, 2020 10:12 pm

In quarantine, I was left alone, with myself in 4 walls.In General, the pandemic had an impact on my psyche.Every day is the same as before.

CamGirl

Postby CamGirl » Sun Dec 27, 2020 10:50 pm

RobDuglas wrote:In quarantine, I was left alone, with myself in 4 walls.In General, the pandemic had an impact on my psyche.Every day is the same as before.

This can surely mess up with our heads. Like seeing the same thing every day, doing the same thing. It's smart to have a calendar or planner for the whole month to make sure we get to do something different.

jessica james wrote:This year will pass and 2021 will begin in almost 4 days, but 2020 will leave us with a huge impact on our mental health. I didn't fear Covid-19 but sometimes the people who are more self-protective, naturally get prone to infections! Combatting Covid-19, work from home, and anti-social life has gotten me so mad, frustrated, and out of mind. I'm in that phase of life where I have the least support but still, I'm so strong and combatting every situation. Here is what I want to share with all of you. Something that would help you.
- Don't let negativity rule your mind.
- Keep yourself engage in the activities you love to do
- Maintain your diet
- Go for a walk every day
- Listen to music that soothes your mind
(I've got a list of musicians who thinks music can heal your mind https://mangoclinic.com/top-60-musician ... heal-mind/ )
- Get yourself a pet for the best companionship
- Whenever depress, write your feelings out
- Meditate
- Wear your mask
I'm so sure by making these small changes you can combat your anxiety and depression other than pharmacological treatment. I think when you're stressed you should relocate. Since Covid-19 ain't letting us do that so it's better to mask-up and go for a walk, get some fresh air, Headphones on and enjoy!

Merry Christmas! <3

Merry Christmas! Thanks for the link. I agree, music is really great for the soul. We need it especially in this time of solitude.

CamGirl

Postby CamGirl » Sun Dec 27, 2020 11:16 pm

Also, check out this link from CDC about coping with stress amidst the pandemic. https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nc ... xiety.html Hope you guys are well. Happy holidays!

fummymeasle

Postby fummymeasle » Mon Dec 28, 2020 2:57 am

Happy holidays! I've checked all the links posted and they were great.

Music is one of the best doctors we have.

CamGirl

Postby CamGirl » Mon Dec 28, 2020 10:31 am

Did you read the signs/or what stress can cause us? I got all on the onset of the lockdowns.

fummymeasle

Postby fummymeasle » Thu Dec 31, 2020 4:43 am

Yes. Stress really messes with our heads then our health. Sometimes, I wonder, maybe we have put too much pressure into our lifestyle and this is nature telling us to slow down.

CamGirl

Postby CamGirl » Mon Jan 04, 2021 2:11 pm

Exactly. Now, we are told to stay home which, come to think of it, is a blessing. We get to spend time with our loved ones and isn't that the most important thing in life, our family.

Return to “Mental Health News”