Long-term Mental Health Effect of Covid-19

News and discussion.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

CamGirl

Long-term Mental Health Effect of Covid-19

Postby CamGirl » Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:40 am

Surely, this pandemic affected us all and has brought so much anxiety and trauma. There would be a long-term effect on the physical being of the survivors, but what about mental health?

Smithy

Re: Long-term Mental Health Effect of Covid-19

Postby Smithy » Mon Oct 05, 2020 6:10 am

Agree. For me it was too much. Lost my job and not enjoying this 'world' at all.

fummymeasle

Postby fummymeasle » Fri Oct 09, 2020 3:21 am

The suicide rate has also increased ever since this whole thing started. Maybe some people lost hope or whatnot. This pandemic is life-altering like we all have plans and all of a sudden, the world stopped. There's chaos in all forms everywhere, and it's just a mess. But life goes on, and we have to find something that will motivate us to move on. We can't give in to the depression and anxiety that this virus may cause us.

CamGirl

Postby CamGirl » Fri Oct 09, 2020 3:55 am

Smithy wrote:Agree. For me it was too much. Lost my job and not enjoying this 'world' at all.

I'm sorry to hear that you lost your job. A lot of my friends had lost theirs and it's really sad. Big companies also closed and the employment rate rose up since the lockdowns.

fummymeasle wrote:The suicide rate has also increased ever since this whole thing started. Maybe some people lost hope or whatnot. This pandemic is life-altering like we all have plans and all of a sudden, the world stopped. There's chaos in all forms everywhere, and it's just a mess. But life goes on, and we have to find something that will motivate us to move on. We can't give in to the depression and anxiety that this virus may cause us.

Indeed, many have lost hope and thought it was the end, so they better go their way instead of getting the virus. Even though a lot who were infected got better, it's all depressing all the same. We have to stay home as much as possible and that makes most of us crazy. Everything is pretty much online and we don't have socialization anymore. We need a constant person to talk to over the phone open or chat online to keep us sane.

Return to “Mental Health News”