Sertraline Side Effects

Information about depression and other related health issues (includes medications).

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

kevinskis

Sertraline Side Effects

Postby kevinskis » Sun Mar 27, 2022 4:41 pm

I have read a lot of threads on here from people who have mentioned having similar side effects to me, and wanted to see if anyone has any insight into my situation.

When I first started Sertraline I felt light headed and dizzy, but that luckily went away after a couple days. However, after a month of taking it (although I have only been able to take one half of what I am prescribed) it still makes me feel anxious, agitated, restless, racing thoughts, and clenched jaw. So I am wondering, are these side effects that will presumably subside or is this just how my body handles Sertraline?

I know a lot of people say these are just the typical side effects that you get when you first start, but after a month of taking it, it just seems counterintuitive to me that something that makes my anxiety and depression worse, will all of sudden flip and make my anxiety and depression better. So I am wondering if anyone who has had side effects like these persist for a month actually see success with Sertraline long term? If not, then I would like to switch to something else and not have to endure these horrible side effects any longer. Thanks in advance!

drybulky

Re: Sertraline Side Effects

Postby drybulky » Thu May 04, 2023 11:39 pm

I am also facing the same situation while using this drug. Hope someone can give some advice.

Return to “Articles and Essays | Medications: Experiences and Advice”