What medication would you recommend?

Information about depression and other related health issues (includes medications).

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

ImNewToThis

What medication would you recommend?

Postby ImNewToThis » Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:31 am

I saw the Doctor today and they suggested either increasing my 40mg Fluoxetine (Prozac) to 60mg (though they warned that the effects would be minimal, and I'd have to switch things up by taking 40mg one day and 60mg other days - but my memory is poor), or moving off of it and trying either Sertraline (Zoloft) or Escitalopram (Lexapro). I’ve got a phone call with them on Monday to decide which route I want to take after reading up on things over the weekend - any advice from anyone?

I've been on 40mg Prozac for 5 years, so my instinct is to give it another try, but another part of me is concerned about how poor my memory is, and flogging a dead horse. So, it'd be good to hear other peoples thoughts on Zoloft and Lexapro.

RustyTavern

Re: What medication would you recommend?

Postby RustyTavern » Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:02 am

what is your goal?

what is your condition?

prozac makes everything grey. the world is full of color that you'll miss on prozak

We're all in the established game but we don't have to be played. We can play and become masters.

Prycejosh1987

Re: What medication would you recommend?

Postby Prycejosh1987 » Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:30 pm

ImNewToThis wrote:I saw the Doctor today and they suggested either increasing my 40mg Fluoxetine (Prozac) to 60mg (though they warned that the effects would be minimal, and I'd have to switch things up by taking 40mg one day and 60mg other days - but my memory is poor), or moving off of it and trying either Sertraline (Zoloft) or Escitalopram (Lexapro). I’ve got a phone call with them on Monday to decide which route I want to take after reading up on things over the weekend - any advice from anyone?

I've been on 40mg Prozac for 5 years, so my instinct is to give it another try, but another part of me is concerned about how poor my memory is, and flogging a dead horse. So, it'd be good to hear other peoples thoughts on Zoloft and Lexapro.

Look at what works for you. Different medications work for different people. What works for you might not work for me, and vice versa. Everyone has the same body design eyes, mouth, ears, legs, arms, etc, but none of us have exactly the same experiences. If your lucky our experiences will be similar but not exactly the same. All medication has side effects, the way to combat that is try not to over dose even when your tempted. Look at the history of medication you take for the issue and then, Ask your doctor what they think is best and take it from there.

Return to “Articles and Essays | Medications: Experiences and Advice”