How do I talk to my doctor

Everyday life. How was your day?

Moderators: windsong, cj-, BlueGobi, Moderators, Frame

rak1588

How do I talk to my doctor

Postby rak1588 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:34 pm

How do I talk to my doctor about my anxiety and depression. I'm scared to talk to the doctor, I've had health problems in the past and have been on pain killers and muscle relaxers. I don't want them to think I'm a druggie or anything. I haven't told anyone about my depression, I started to talk to the receptionist at work (shes like a mom almost) about my anxiety then got to scared.

KimmyO

Re: How do I talk to my doctor

Postby KimmyO » Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:55 pm

Hi there, I would just be honest, deceiving in any way is confusing to the problem and might change his diagnosis or script. If you want to try something natural first, I us magnesium malate and also ginseng pills. They really help with anxiety and depression. They calm the mind body and spirit and get rid of those sticky negative thoughts that loop around and around and cause anxiety. Also, get outside. You don't have to exercise, just even lay on grass, look at sky, trees upside down and stars. It's good for the body and soul. Hope these help you. :) If not, talk w your Dr. and get some blood work done, they can tell a lot w that, what your body needs and is lacking.

CamilaWillaims

Re: How do I talk to my doctor

Postby CamilaWillaims » Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:07 am

Hey rak1588,
Why you feel he is your doctor and his job is to help you share your problems with him without any fear.

Return to “Living with Depression and other Related Health Concerns”