Medications

Everyday life. How was your day?

Moderators: windsong, cj-, BlueGobi, Moderators, Frame

Translucid

Medications

Postby Translucid » Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:45 pm

I truly hate myself for the number of prescriptions I have. It makes me feel shameful as I'm 26 and I'm on 5 different medications. Here soon probably more due to my back and sciatica. You shouldn't be on that many meds until your 50+. I shouldn't have the back problems I have at my age. Some days it's difficult to walk from the pain. Or my leg will give out from the sciatica. I just feel like a broken human. One with too many flaws to be much use to anyone.

rak1588

Re: Medications

Postby rak1588 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:40 pm

Same with me, I started getting sciatic pain back in 2014 (26 years old), no medication worked. I was fired from my job after I asked about disability and because I wasn't there a year I couldn't legally do anything.

Go to sorsi.com or sotousa.com, its a different type of chiropractic work and it helped me with my piriformis syndrome. I still have pain once in a while but they showed some stretches that help.

cricket

Re: Medications

Postby cricket » Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:22 am

Translucid wrote:I truly hate myself for the number of prescriptions I have. It makes me feel shameful as I'm 26 and I'm on 5 different medications. Here soon probably more due to my back and sciatica. You shouldn't be on that many meds until your 50+. I shouldn't have the back problems I have at my age. Some days it's difficult to walk from the pain. Or my leg will give out from the sciatica. I just feel like a broken human. One with too many flaws to be much use to anyone.

Why should you be shameful for needing medicatin? It is NOT your fault that you are sick, and there is nothing wrong with being dependant on something, Everybody needs water, and some of us need meds - so what?
Im dependant on my SSRIs too, and im taking some nootropics with them i discovered here, and i dont see a problem with that. When they help me to get through the day, it is fine to take them.

Return to “Living with Depression and other Related Health Concerns”