Well, I'll give this a go.

Introductions and welcomes.

Moderators: windsong, cj-, BlueGobi, Moderators, Frame

RagingCalm

Well, I'll give this a go.

Postby RagingCalm » Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:09 pm

Hello, I am RagingCalm from Pennsylvania. I'm 39 and about to turn 40 and figured it's high time I did something with how I feel.

I found this forum after coming to realize that I may have a concerning case of depression that has lasted for a long while now. I'm not terribly good at expressing myself but I think my depression, cluelessness, self-hate, pessimism, and negativity is affecting my life such that I'm having trouble with relationships, finding and keeping friends, and maintaining a healthful social life. So far, it doesn't seem to be affecting my ability to stay employed since I'm going on 7 years with my current job. The weird thing is that I used to be a happy, little kid according to my parents. So, that being said, how's everyone doing?

RustyTavern

Re: Well, I'll give this a go.

Postby RustyTavern » Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:54 pm

You're trying to be happy? The purpose of Life is to be happy?

Maybe the purpose of life is to struggle;
to deal with tragedy
to deal with Hell

So there is no longer a need to feel short changed simply because you're not feeling happy.

CamGirl

Re: Well, I'll give this a go.

Postby CamGirl » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:04 am

RagingCalm wrote:Hello, I am RagingCalm from Pennsylvania. I'm 39 and about to turn 40 and figured it's high time I did something with how I feel.

I found this forum after coming to realize that I may have a concerning case of depression that has lasted for a long while now. I'm not terribly good at expressing myself but I think my depression, cluelessness, self-hate, pessimism, and negativity is affecting my life such that I'm having trouble with relationships, finding and keeping friends, and maintaining a healthful social life. So far, it doesn't seem to be affecting my ability to stay employed since I'm going on 7 years with my current job. The weird thing is that I used to be a happy, little kid according to my parents. So, that being said, how's everyone doing?

I'm doing fine. But I have a friend, with quite same case as yours. We used to refer to him as the life of the party until he suddenly changed into this sulky, withdrawn guy. We thought it was that he matured, but nah, it turned out he had depression. So we encouraged him to join us in our adventures (hiking, surfing, wakeboarding) for him to not just bury himself in sadness. This way we hope he find himself again.

Return to “New Member Introductions”