Going to skip Thanksgiving......

Shared experiences of life, and the path that has led you to where you are.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, Astrid

Itsonlyme

Going to skip Thanksgiving......

Postby Itsonlyme » Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:17 pm

And right from the start, I'll tell you why;

Because I will feel less "alone/lonely" stomping up a mountain somewhere, completely by myself (as always), than I would to sit in a house, with 2 or 3 couples (including my long time best friend, and his GF) doing the whole TG social thing....
In fact, the "only" time I don't feel alone / lonely, is when I am by myself, stomping up a mountain, and 1 second away from passing out from exhaustion. Just takes too much concentration, to worry about anything else.

Also, my normal days off are Mon and Tues. However, my work decided to make me work Mon, since I get Thurs off for TG :(

Well I normally get all my chores / errands done the first of my two days off, so I can play the next.

Instead, this week, I will have to get everything done Tues, work Weds, then get to go play on TG.....

I'll probably say something to the boss like, "Thanks boss. That gave me a good excuse to skip TG"..... He's going to trip on this, as he's all into the holidays, and has a wife, family, etc, to share all of that stuff with, so he's going to think I'm crazy. But then again, he's another one of those people that will NEVER know what its like to be lonely / alone......

Itsonlyme

Update;

Postby Itsonlyme » Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:39 pm

Update;

So all day long, I was dreading having to call my long time best friend to tell him I was canceling on TG.....

But I finally did last evening, and he totally understood.

Like I told him, I am just sure I will be "less lonely" while pushing myself to the limit physically speaking, than I would to try to "sit around, relax, and be happy with friends"

BTW, my best friend had been single his entire life, to the age of 50 (a lot to do with his weight problems) and then met the woman of his life going on 2yrs ago.... and has been living with her ever since. I'm really happy for him.

So, I sure can't say he doesn't know how I feel..... after "only" 18 yrs of being by myself...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Anyway, still have a little guilt about skipping TG, but plan to really stomp my legs off, climbing a new to me, BIG mountain. I hear its brutal steep. Should be a fantastic distraction from my POS life.......

Rider3

Canceling TG

Postby Rider3 » Fri Nov 28, 2014 10:42 am

I wish I had, and I'm currently making plans to cut Easter.

Itsonlyme

Postby Itsonlyme » Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:42 pm

Hey Rider, well I know this is a totally personal thing. So if that's whats best for you, then by all means....

As much as I love my friends, this was the right decision for me.

I actually called my best friend from the top of the mountain, to wish them a happy TG, and we had a nice talk.

Itsonlyme

Postby Itsonlyme » Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:47 pm

Here was the best shot of the trip {IMPO} :)

100footpole

Postby 100footpole » Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:36 am

I wish I could do framing like that.

You have a great eye.

Return to “Your Story”