The Truth

Shared experiences of life, and the path that has led you to where you are.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, Astrid

Loser1414

The Truth

Postby Loser1414 » Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:16 pm

Yesterday my wife of eleven years openly yelled and berated me in front of my young son, saying I was incompetent at everything. 

Incompetent at everything. 

At this point in my life, I'll cede that to her. She's right. I've given up fighting. I've given up period. 

I have worked harder and harder to try and make money. To try and make a better home and life for them. To ask - even beg for help. I have not succeeded. I have failed. On all accounts. 

I feel abused and beaten in every aspect of my life. Abused in all my work situations. Abused in my personal relationships. 

My friends have drifted away. My family is elsewhere. She drips resentment and anger all too often. I am alone. And, it is all my fault. I made the choices. I lived the mistakes. No one else is to blame but me. 

I hate my life, and I am exhausted. I give up. Now and forever. 

writeagain

Postby writeagain » Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:44 pm

This is your life! If you don't like it you have the power to change it. Talk with your wife. Tell her what's going on. If that doesn't work out you can always get a couples councilor. A councilor can help you make sure your wife hear what you have to say.

Here's something you can do yourself: Make a list of everything you have succeeded in! Try to come up with as many as possible and add on to the list when you think of something new. I think you'll be surprised to see that you have a lot to be proud about. Once you have brainstormed for a while, focus on a few things in that list. Get to know that aspect of your life better. Let it be a support for you, not a stressor.

Return to “Your Story”