Finished Uni - Lonely and Depressed

Everyday life. How was your day?

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

Tcrumpen

Finished Uni - Lonely and Depressed

Postby Tcrumpen » Sun Sep 28, 2014 2:52 pm

Ok so i graduated uni this year and got a job straight away (sounds great right) well not so much, yes teh pay is great for a entry level job (18k p/a) but i have to travel 2 hours to get to work everyday; as it's only for a year thought it would be more sensible to live with my parents for that year

I get home at 7:30pm every day and have 2 hours before i have to get to bed. Because i live out in the middle of no-where with very few friends (who happen to be busy on the weekends) i have nothing to do other than sit at home on the computer all day, and the loneliness is really starting to get to me and make me feel depressed again, i can't take Holiday till November as i'm on my probationary period, only 1 of my work colleagues lives anywhere near me (and that's still a 40 minute journey away)

It's getting to the point where i feel like a drone doing the same thing everyday ... also have no girlfriend so ...

Any suggestion would be a welcome gesture, i've had several breakdowns over this since i started my job (which was in August) and even though i'm only 2 months in in order to keep my mind busy i've started casually looking at jobs for once my contract finishes (it's the only thing that can keep my mind busy)

4EverMe

Postby 4EverMe » Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:02 pm

Hi TCrumpen,
Yeah, it's extremely lonely- I can relate! (when considering my past)
One of the worst parts is only having two hours before sleep, only to repeat the cycle all over again? And, the boredom-mixed solitude? It truly sucks too, when the friends you have are either busy when you need them, or live far away! Ugh! I totally feel for you...

Have you confided to any of your friends exactly how this loneliness is affecting you? Maybe, they would work something out to give you some respite from all of this! Something's got to give...

Feel free to pm me anytime.

By the way, aren't you the one who's shared some pretty cool poetry here??
Are you still writing?
I ask, because I'm a poet myself- currently suffering writer's block. After a few great lines, my frickin brain freezes and it's painfully frustrating!

4EverMe

Postby 4EverMe » Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:05 pm

Sorry, Tcrumpen- I'd misspelled your username.

Tcrumpen

Postby Tcrumpen » Mon Sep 29, 2014 2:39 pm

4EverMe wrote:Hi TCrumpen,
Yeah, it's extremely lonely- I can relate! (when considering my past)
One of the worst parts is only having two hours before sleep, only to repeat the cycle all over again? And, the boredom-mixed solitude? It truly sucks too, when the friends you have are either busy when you need them, or live far away! Ugh! I totally feel for you...

Have you confided to any of your friends exactly how this loneliness is affecting you? Maybe, they would work something out to give you some respite from all of this! Something's got to give...

Feel free to pm me anytime.

By the way, aren't you the one who's shared some pretty cool poetry here??
Are you still writing?
I ask, because I'm a poet myself- currently suffering writer's block. After a few great lines, my frickin brain freezes and it's painfully frustrating!

I wrote a love letter on here if thats what you mean, but as for actual poetry no, one friend bore the brunt of the breakdown last night

4EverMe

Postby 4EverMe » Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:51 pm

Hi Tcrumpen,
What came of it??

Tcrumpen

Postby Tcrumpen » Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:50 pm

4EverMe wrote:Hi Tcrumpen,
What came of it??

What came of what?

The Love Letter - nothing she already knew how i felt, i mainly wrote it as a coping mechanism (still sent it to her anyway)
Breakdowns - Not sure yet

CitM

Postby CitM » Sat Oct 04, 2014 4:21 pm

I can relate to what you are going through. I think my husband got unbelievably lucky to be able to work downtown a mile or less from the train station. At least he doesn't have to drive and has his choice of transit solutions if need be.

I couldn't find a job in the state I lived in after I was finished with most of my classes. It wasn't so much the distance as it was the time involved. Then I was in a bad situation where I got sick with anxiety and depression. It was hardest probably on my family as I had four children at home as well. Still, I'm one of the lucky ones because I met women with children in Kindergarten and First grade who were dying of cancer with no husband at home.

I will find a job, and I will write a design guide and attain a patent which I will gladly give a manufacturer. But I've learned so much from this last episode of depression and so has a lot of other people that really when one looks back, I don't want to say that I would gladly have this happen again to me, but that what I have learned and been able to help others with has been invaluable. So hang in there and make lemonaide out of your situation when you can.

NickStokes

Postby NickStokes » Wed Dec 23, 2015 6:11 am

This is all normal. It is all part of life and different people cope differently with it.

100footpole

Postby 100footpole » Wed Dec 23, 2015 1:40 pm

I wish people would come back and let us know it all worked out ...

charlene

Postby charlene » Fri Dec 25, 2015 11:13 pm

I do hope things get better for you! You are very blessed to have family that love you and you are not alone! Many dont have that and hopefully things will work out, prayer will help with that! God does intervene when we ask!

Return to “Living with Depression and other Related Health Concerns”