Hello

Introductions and welcomes.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, Astrid

Sharon

Hello

Postby Sharon » Sun Jul 13, 2014 8:17 pm

Hello, I really don't know if this is where I belong. Depression if my self-diagnosis. I have been to the Dr with the intention of discussing my 'issues'
with him but I never feel composed enough to 'go there' without being a blubbering idiot.

I am a 58 yo wife, mother of 3 beautiful daughters, and grammy to 10 amazing grandchildren. I am very blessed.

I have always been a very strong person. I handle it, whatever it is, but something is broken and I don't know how to get passed it.

I lost my father a year ago February after a long, heartbreaking illness and just recently (March) lost my Mother to cancer. They were soulmates, and being reunited was their ultimate wish.

My Mom lived with me for about 3 years. And I think I am lost. I have been trying to bring my home back to 'before' and it has proved to be very hard. I have alot of bouts with being weepy, I rarely sleep more than a couple of hours a night, sometimes waking up crying. I am tired all the time and don't have any motivation. I feel as if I am just keeping my head above water and can't seem to get over the hump. Is this normal grieving?

Thanks for listening.

Ieris

Postby Ieris » Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:38 am

Hello Sharon,

So sorry for your loss.

A friend of mine recently lost her father who has been battling with cancer. When I saw her she seemed fine as if nothing has happened, I asked her how she is coping so well and she said she actually feels better that her father has passed because it broke her heart to see him suffer the way he did for the last couple of months. To know that he is not suffering anymore makes her feel at peace. I know she misses him deeply but she wants to smile whenever she thinks of him so she'll think of happy memories of them together when she was young.

I know it isn't easy and i think it is normal to feel the way you do, things may not be the way they were 'before' but I think you will find a way to cope, because you have so many things to live for - your daughters and your amazing grandchildren :)

Although they may not be here, they will always be in your heart.

I hope you feel better soon *HuGs*

x

Return to “New Member Introductions”