Sad and lonely

Everyday life. How was your day?

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, Astrid

Auntie

Sad and lonely

Postby Auntie » Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:30 pm

I am new to this forum. I am desperate to find an outlet for my emotions. My husband has no idea how to deal with me when I'm down. He thinks if I smile I'm okay. I am far from it. Have had depression for ten years now and social anxiety for more years than I care to remember, since I was five years old. I have to deal with this myself, am waiting to see a therapist but what do I do in the meantime?

Vic1234

Postby Vic1234 » Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:43 am

hey wanna chat feel the same a lot of the time. Alone is something I feel a great deal even when family are with me I feel isolated and not understood

GeorgieAnna

Postby GeorgieAnna » Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:28 am

I feel alone most of the time and I have this unexplainable sadness that never goes away and all I want to do is cry but really I think I just need a friend...

Auntie

Postby Auntie » Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:13 am

Hey, thanks for replies. It is good to know that someone out there may understand what I'm going through. Many people do not know about feeling lonely in a crowded room. I spend a lot of time alone but usually am not lonely. Why is that? I had company (family) drop by yesterday and was glad to see them but just as glad when they left. It is such hard work acting 'normal'. I am trying to keep busy with hobbies, that seems to help for a while.

pullen86

Postby pullen86 » Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:52 am

Hey hun all u got to remember is your not alone for years I put on a smile I call it a mask to make ppl think I was okay depression means your stronger than anyone that's all cos of the strength u have to go on head up and maybe try talking wid your husband he loves u and will help more than ubthink xxx

Auntie

Postby Auntie » Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:06 am

Thanks pullen86. I never thought about living with depression as being a strength. you are right though it is the hardest work I've ever done. The next time I'm feeling really low I will remember that. The mask we wear seems unbearable heavy at times but I WILL carry on. Thanks again.

Aina

Postby Aina » Thu May 22, 2014 4:02 am

The big change, of course, is to stop being passive and become more active. Look for a professional with a cognitive behavioral background, an approach that’s been shown to help with depression and loneliness.

Return to “Living with Depression and other Related Health Concerns”