trust issues?

For example: agoraphobia, claustrophobia, social phobia.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

shannonhardy

trust issues?

Postby shannonhardy » Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:17 pm

part of my depression has to do with, my extreme inability to trust anyone atall.

im a social butterfly whos completely isolated. like, i want so badly to just take the risk, but i think i need someone like me. someone who's that terrified of being hurt or betrayed, would never in a million years hurt someone else like that. theres just no way. i feel like a pure spirit (in regards to others,) thrown into a world full of people who would betray me or hurt me in a second no matter how close they are to me, how long ive known them or what weve been through.

and i hold grudges. i NEVER forget, and i never trust them again. ive never met anyone who didnt break my trust.

so if theres anyone out there who feels theyre in the same boat.
please say something or pm me because i think we'll get along great.

crystalgaze

Postby crystalgaze » Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:21 am

Yeah.... I know about that....

I don't consider it a trust issue really. I would call it being cautious. It's kind of like putting your hand on a hot stove & getting burned.

I DO watch people, & I think it is crucial to one's survival to do so. People have hurt me. Indeed.

Oftentimes, what happens is that their actions & words do not match up, & that's what bothers me to NO end.

I don't forget either, only because if you forget something someone has done, then you won't be able to say it's a pattern & make a proper decision.

I forgive it because I don't want it to harm me--long into the future--but I will tend to kind of pull back myself from that person & watch them very carefully...

You know the saying right? Once bitten, twice shy...

traci728

Postby traci728 » Thu May 03, 2012 3:27 am

I completely understand where you are coming from because I feel that way with everyone I come in contact with... I use to trust until given a reason not to but after being hurt so many time by people who were close to me I've started not trusting at all. For a while I talked to people but kept them at arms length... And then I stopped socializing completely.

I talk to my mom, my sister, my best friend and my boyfriend. Of the above list the only two I trust 100% with everything is my mother and my sister. And I sometimes question them. I've been trying to get past my trust issues with my best friend and my boyfriend. But I still find myself questioning them in the back of my mind.

Jemma

Postby Jemma » Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:10 pm

I totally understand too.I also have serious trust issues .i tell no one my deepest feelings not even family members .Freinds and Family dont even know the true extent of my depression this is to do with being ashamed of it but more the fact i trust know one enough or at all to let them in! .I would love no more than just to pour my heart out and tell someone but that will never happen ... the few times i have tried to speak to someone they dont get it then i get hurt and that is me back to square one. I think my trust issues started after an abusive relationship.I am terrified of being hurt again ...to have my trust broke my heart ripped out and stamped on .It is feelings i have never got over or ever forget !.

Prycejosh1987

Re: trust issues?

Postby Prycejosh1987 » Sat Jun 06, 2020 1:59 pm

shannonhardy wrote:part of my depression has to do with, my extreme inability to trust anyone atall.

im a social butterfly whos completely isolated. like, i want so badly to just take the risk, but i think i need someone like me. someone who's that terrified of being hurt or betrayed, would never in a million years hurt someone else like that. theres just no way. i feel like a pure spirit (in regards to others,) thrown into a world full of people who would betray me or hurt me in a second no matter how close they are to me, how long ive known them or what weve been through.

and i hold grudges. i NEVER forget, and i never trust them again. ive never met anyone who didnt break my trust.

so if theres anyone out there who feels theyre in the same boat.
please say something or pm me because i think we'll get along great.

Everybody is like you. We all do the same things, and most of us go through similar problems. If your looking for love, then be honest with yourself. Work on your person, and things will work out for you. Just be yourself, and be very optimistic when approaching the love life. Speak to a counsellor for more guidance, on helping you overcome this issue.

Return to “Phobias”