I would like to have friends

Introductions and welcomes.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

Rayhub

I would like to have friends

Postby Rayhub » Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:49 pm

I have been suffering from depression for sometime.I battle it out but it keeps coming back often when I feel less protected and unloved ,I retract.
I have not really had people in life to stand up for me ,even my parents sadly.I have also not been so lucky with the "being liked" charm as I have experienced bullying all my school life.In my adult life now , I really feel unloved and undeserving sometimes.Its hard for me to express myself and I also don't have friends.I am still young but I would really like to be loved or liked , even just once.

Silver112

Re: I would like to have friends

Postby Silver112 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:18 am

Hey i'm sorry to hear you're feeling unloved.
If you're looking for friends, i'm here

Barnabas17

Postby Barnabas17 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:14 pm

Hi Ray. I'm here as well. I'm much older than you but I'm a good listener. I didn't have many friends growing up and was very much introverted. My parents weren't really my cheerleaders either. I know they loved me but they just didn't know how to express it in ways that I "needed." We all have so many needs yet all so different. I read this great book about not getting the love we wanted and it was all about not being heard and understood. I realized that not many understood me and one of the reasons was because I never voiced my needs. Something I wasn't taught growing up. It took me a long time to get a voice and to stop being afraid to speak up. It was so scary back then, believing that no one loved me and no one wanted to hear how I felt. I believed a lot about myself that wasn't true. If it weren't for my diary, I don't know what I would have done. My smile was not real and my laughter was faint. BUT as I got older and discovered that God has a plan for me, I began to discover that I really did matter. YOU matter too and you will make friends here. In the waiting, is there anywhere you can volunteer. Any animal shelters, boy and girls clubs, churches, dog walkers, lawn care, or after school programs. Those places will slowly give you purpose and opportunities to speak out. Someone out there needs you and your special gifts. I'm sure of it.

littlestarsmum

Postby littlestarsmum » Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:37 am

Welcome aboard, Rayhub! Nice to meet you.
I’m so sorry to hear about your struggles. I know how difficult and frustrating it must be for you. Are you a seeing a therapist for your depression? I just said a prayer for you, and I hope that God will surround you with His perfect love, comfort, and strength. Please know that you can always come here to share, and I’m sure you’ll find a lot of help and support. Stay strong, friend. Sending prayers you way!

rihevmacevre

Postby rihevmacevre » Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:21 am

Hello there, i believe we endured the same struggles. I feel a bit isolated too these days. You are welcome if you want to chat

Barnabas17

Postby Barnabas17 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:57 pm

Ray just stopping by to see how your weekend was and if you happened upon any new friendships or discoveries. It is difficult to open up and be vulnerable but one thing that I discovered over the years is that everyone feels that way. Being vulnerable is scary and fear of not being loved is every other persons quiet thought. BUT you are loved. I struggled and discovered that my thoughts were not going to define me nor was I going to suppress them. Writing helped me a lot as well a choosing to just speak to one person a day. Just saying HELLO is missing in today's busy world. A smile and a HELLO goes a long way.

Return to “New Member Introductions”