Having trouble w Image size....

Poetry, short stories, paintings, photography, songs – art of all genres.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

AnneW

Having trouble w Image size....

Postby AnneW » Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:46 pm

Hello Everyone!
Today is my first day with you.
There's so much this site has to offer and I'm so grateful I searched and found you!

Can someone explain the best way to upload pics from my pc? No matter how small I make them, an error message says the images are too large. I've tried from my phone and from computer. I've resized them until you can barely see them.
My work is not in a database so I cannot refer to a link.
(I thought I read we were not to use links...)

Thanks ahead of time!!!
Yours,
Technologically Challenged. :|

kyoung49

Re: Having trouble w Image size....

Postby kyoung49 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:27 am

Hi Anne,

I am a newbie too!
I have the same problem! I cant use the smiles, fonts or font colors on my iPhone or my computer!
Everything is turned on so I'm at a lose!

Hopefully someone will see our post and help! Wish I was more helpful...

K~

DiegoArgentina92

Postby DiegoArgentina92 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:55 pm

What kind of images ? Like photos, or images from internet ? I dont know never uplopad an image here, but if are images like photos you took with your cellphone or something like that, something that you dont have a link to paste here, you can use an site like Imgur, you can upload your image there, and then you are going to have a link to share your image, dont know what image hosting its the best, im sure should be a lot.

ImJohn

Postby ImJohn » Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:05 am

Hi there,

I've not much clue either. When I tried attaching an image file I got the same error message as you. I don't think it's the physical size that matters rather the size of the file (number of 'bits'). The image file I tries to attach was 7 Mb so pretty big. This site may have a 2 Mb limit or something (just a guess).

I've tried to include an image by pressing the Img button and inserting the URL to a nice picture of a butterfly.

If it works at least we can all enjoy the picture!

Edit (a sort of PS really). The butterfly didn't appear but if you right click the little thumb nail and choose 'open image in new tab' then it does just that - but then you have to click on the new tab to see the butterfly.

AnneW

Postby AnneW » Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:52 am

Thank-you all for your help!!! So its not all me!!!! YAAAYYYY!!!! :D

ImJohn

Postby ImJohn » Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:05 am

Hello Anne (et al)

I'm just experimenting here. I think I've attached a picture of my eldest son's car from a file that was just 45 KB rather than several MB's. OK here does - trying the post.

Testing, testing

Return to “Art Work”