I don't know anymore

Shared experiences of life, and the path that has led you to where you are.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

Kendalkilljoy

I don't know anymore

Postby Kendalkilljoy » Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:55 pm

So, I've been battling depression since I was young and have grown accustomed to the ups and downs that usually come with depression. But lately it's all seemed down. I keep trying to get myself to care about school work and life in general but I don't. I feel so numb....like my happiness is forced and I feel so disconnected. I don't know what to do anymore. I just don't know.

littlestarsmum

Re: I don't know anymore

Postby littlestarsmum » Fri Oct 27, 2017 1:26 am

Welcome aboard, Kendal.
I’m so sorry to hear about your struggles. Wish I could give you a hug. I know how difficult and frustrating it must be for you. Depression is a very complex issue that deserves personal and in-depth attention. Are you seeing a therapist/counselor? Do you think that's something that might be helpful for you personally? I just said a prayer for you, and I hope that God will surround you with His comfort, love, and peace. Please know that you’re precious and you deserve to feel better. You don’t need to carry your burdens alone. You can always come here to share, and I’m here to listen and support you. Stay strong. Hugs!

bsbmom

Postby bsbmom » Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:44 am

I too am sorry you are having more down than ups these days. It can be such a struggle. I'm so encouraged for all those here to get and give encouragement though, and I'm glad you reached out. What sorts of things bring you joy? You know the joy that warms your heart, not just gets you through a moment superficially or artificially?

JackieJ

Postby JackieJ » Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:39 am

So sorry to hear of your struggle with depression. It sounds like motivation for doing the basic things of life is very low. I am wondering what people are in your life that you are connecting with on a personal level. Someone has already asked if you are seeing a therapist or counselor. If you are not, I encourage you to seek professional help. I also encourage you to get in community with others. Just being around people (who are safe and supportive) can be healing. I pray that you find the energy and drive to move you in a direction that would bring change and healing of your heart and that you find joy and purpose in the process.

Return to “Your Story”