Living in the Blender - good thots appreciated

Everyday life. How was your day?

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, Astrid

Glad2bme

Living in the Blender - good thots appreciated

Postby Glad2bme » Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:07 am

If you pray, that would be appreciated too.

My family is facing some difficulties and my hubby and I are the main financial support for ourselves, helping my son and his family, my sister and her family and my husband's Auntie. We get a lot of really good stuff back in return most times but occassionally there's a shi* storm and this latest one is a doozy.

My son has a very sweet natured pitt bull. The baby can sit right on him, inspect the teeth, pull on the tongue practically and not a growl or thought of a nip. But he's a trash hound, thinks he's a lap dog (all 80 pounds of him) and when people come to the back door he usually barks at them, can be intimidating. (NOT to me, I'm an alpha bitch wherever I go.) :lol:

My husband's Auntie has done more in her life than about 8 people usually do, but she's getting old and her parts are wearing out faster than she can replace them and she's still doing double time around most of us. She has her tools in our basement work room, which is only accessible going through my son's living space.

The other day Auntie came over in a huff to seal up my back fence so the Pitt couldn't get out and terrorize the neighborhood. He's been out before, but doesn't terrorize anyone but frustrates my DIL and SON or whoever is chasing him down and making him get back in the yard. He went out trick or treating and gave kids a bunch of puppy kisses and was a big hit.

Turns out the week before she had come to the house, used her key to unlock the back door and was prepared to go downstairs to grab some of her tools when the Pitt decided she had better stay right where she was and backed her into the corner and wouldn't let her past.

My DIL had been taking a shower, the baby was sleeping and there have been multiple requests for people to call first before coming over so the dogs don't bark and wake the baby. A phone call would have prevented this from happening at all.

Words were exchanged on these occassions and now my Son and DIL don't want to talk to the Auntie who has decided to bar my DIL from Aunties own apartment because of what was said about Auntie's dog actually biting people and although small being much more aggressive.

Auntie is going to move all her tools to her garage and yada yada. She won't talk to me either. Honestly, I've been afraid to confront her. Love her dearly and support her being safe and not pinned up in the corner again... but I believe she has some personal power in this situation AND was quite unkind in her approach.

Soooo heading into Christmas things are rough. It isn't Middle East Peace Negotiations... but that's not completely a bad example.

karolanne

Postby karolanne » Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:52 am

Hi,

There is always dispute in a family. Sometimes, family get over it, sometimes, not.

For me, my dogs are more important than almost everything.

Maybe your auntie just needs time.

Sorry, I don't know what to say else. I have stopped to deal with most of my family many years ago and it feels better for me. lol

Take care.

Greg41

Postby Greg41 » Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:53 pm

Ha, well that pitt sounds like a real sweetheart and a good judge of character if I may be so bold to say so. Luckily it's a nice pitt, or this thread would be a whole lot darker. Dogs have weird instincts when babies are involved, and I am assuming it's a female dog based on this behavior.

A friend of mine had a great dane named Zodac who would guard his little sister religiously. She would herd people around her, or away from her, or just flat out block them just by being self aware of her own size and mass. Never aggressive, just very protective. That's why dogs are such beautiful creatures.

Anyways, I think maybe some more familiarity is in order. Maybe get everybody together with the dog, and see if there's stress. The pitt might have been scared by a noise she made or an action.

Hybrid02

Re: MUSICIE TO ZOBZCZYC ! ;)

Postby Hybrid02 » Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:00 am

Sometimes it feels irritating to read all the posts here about being down. I want someone to respond to one of my philosophical posts, or I want to read something constructive, or ...I don't know. But sometimes (well.. you know... misery loves company) I like to know I'm not the only one struggling. And that what this sight is for.

Return to “Living with Depression and other Related Health Concerns”