Clothes Shopping

Miscellaneous Posts.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

crystalgaze

Clothes Shopping

Postby crystalgaze » Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:08 pm

Surprisingly, I had a decent clothes shopping experience yesterday.

Remarkably, I fit into a size 12 three-piece pants suit. I will do my best to keep up the exercise, so it will fit more loosely.

Ah, but dang.... EXPENSIVE T.T :lol: However, it does look good! & it was "on sale".... :roll:

crystalgaze

Postby crystalgaze » Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:12 am

I went to get clothes again... This experience wasn't so great. I bought a pair of pants... took the tag off & you know what.... the pants is a little too big in the waist... :x I can't return it... Darn!

(I had really liked those pants too, but the size before it seemed to be too tight, like if I sat in them, they would rip.... They really looked nice. I'll have to see if I can make it work somehow...) ~sigh~

crystalgaze

Postby crystalgaze » Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:45 pm

I went to get clothes I think Monday for the previous post...

Today, I went also. Now let me tell you what I learned. Jeans apparently come in average, petite or tall (at least for women). They may also come in straight, boot cut or skinny. It's probably obvious, but in a pants, it should fall at the ankle, without bunching up any place.

I got a good pair of jeans today & it was relatively affordable! Yay! It's the only one I have so far, & I do wish it were cheaper..... :cry: 14 Petite was comfortable.... 12 was pushing it, but I was able to zip it up & all.

The only thing I don't like about the pants is that it has pockets... I try to steer clear of pockets, since I'm not skinny as a rail.

This new look is getting expensive quickly.... Ugh.... but it is for the best....

crystalgaze

Postby crystalgaze » Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:30 pm

Today, I went & got my blouse adjusted for my super spiffy work outfit.

The lady gave me relationship advice.... :lol: (which I probably needed)

I got myself measured & she also gave me workout advice. She said all I needed to work on really was my tummy & my arms. She said every thing else was fine & that my proportions were just right. (Thanks Mom & Dad! :lol: )

Bust = 41 Hips = 44 Waist = 35 Right Thigh = 23 Left Arm = 14

By the way, I only put that there, so my progress is recorded.

If/when I lose another 20, 30, or more lbs, then I can compare the #s.

crystalgaze

Postby crystalgaze » Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:51 pm

I went again today... I got something that is nice, not too provocative & not too dressy or casual, but in between, which is what I wanted!

crystalgaze

Postby crystalgaze » Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:25 am

I went yesterday.... but got wet in the light rain, which is why I was starting to get a cold. It was sorta fun, though. (It was a family affair.) I got 2 nice dresses, 1 short + 1 long, & a tie dyed wrap skirt/wrap dress. (I can probably wear it around the house or on the beach....)

Also, I probably went about a few months ago, so I could look better. (e.g. by wearing clothes in my size)

100footpole

Postby 100footpole » Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:15 pm

Looking for blasts from the past in the different forums.

For me reading the "old posts" gives me a feel for what has worked over time ... I think one thing that can lead to being Depressed is feeling like nothing is new or original. I think that's because we are busy looking at ourselves .... because we hurt. In addition, I think we feel lonely. I can imagine Crystalgaze feeling really bad because everyone seems impatient with the little things she said about buying clothes, losing weight, and exercising. My wife does not get excited when I return from the second hand clothes store with a new outfit for $30. I have had to train myself not to ask her "how much" her new stuff was ... and instead to try to picture how good I would feel finding her new stuff at the thrift shop ...

So, for me, Crystalgaze's thread here is cool to look back on ... like a set of blog posts. And I like the positive trajectory.

Have a Happy Nov 21, 2014

Return to “Other Thoughts, Feelings and Messages”