Hello everybody

Introductions and welcomes.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, Astrid

XavierHP

Hello everybody

Postby XavierHP » Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:39 pm

Hi, I'm XavierHP, 17 years old, living in São Paulo, Brazil.

I do not know what kind of disorder I have, but I surely am in the dumps right now. I thought about studying psychology when i'm done with high school, but realized that I don't have hope in myself and in my life, and can't help myself to stop feeling so depressed, so how could I ever try to help others?

Also, I never had a gf, and am very afraid of ending up all alone in adult life. I'm too shy to confess love for any girl, and am afraid of getting a "no", and every girl i've shown interest simply ignore me and go away.

I have been a victim of bullying in my later elementary school years, and in these years I simply hated everybody, being completely lonely and without friends. Now in high school I have friends and am not bullied anymore, talking to most people in my classroom in a friendly tone. But there seems to be no other person in my classroom with depression problems, and my best friends are very carefree and funny, so they make me laugh in hard times, which is good, but I can't really trust them to talking about these issues.

All these feelings of sorrow are engraved in my soul, and I want to scream and release everything from inside me! I hope I can finally talk about my problems in life with people who could understand me, here in this forum. Looking forward for a nice convivence here!

ShyViolet

Postby ShyViolet » Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:36 am

Hello Xavier,

This is totally a place where you can let out your feelings and get some understanding. Personally, all of my school years were awful. School was not fun for me until i made it to university. Talking to people, especially girls, does get easier. I am glad to hear you are not bullied by peers any more. All kinds of people hide their sadness and anger, you would probably be surprised to know others in your classroom feeling similar to you, just maybe for different reasons. Keep the idea of studying Psychology in the back of your mind please, don't give that up. People like us are great listeners because we relate to so many situations and with the proper training i believe people can learn absolutely anything. And, helping others with their problems often keeps your own problems in perspective. Keep your chin up Kiddo, it gets better.

Hugs to you

XavierHP

Postby XavierHP » Tue Oct 07, 2014 7:34 pm

Hi ShyViolet, thank you for your words. I really hope I can get better, and I believe this place will be very helpful.

Return to “New Member Introductions”