Phobia of thunder?

For example: agoraphobia, claustrophobia, social phobia.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

CrazyLady17

Phobia of thunder?

Postby CrazyLady17 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:20 pm

Okay this may sound a little odd, strange and crazy but hey who cares? Not me! Aha!!

Anyway....
I have always been so scared of the thunder and lightening and everytime we have a thunder storm I hide away under my duvet and curl up and go to sleep with my music on. Sometimes I wake up as I feel so sick and end up being sick as I hate the thunder that much.

Does anyone else have a phobia of thunder?

MyUnseenStarlight

Postby MyUnseenStarlight » Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:00 pm

Hi there. Everyone in this world is afraid of something. Having fear is a natural part of life.

I for one love thunder it's one of my favorite things about summer.

I have an aunt though that is terrified of it. So believe me you are not strange or all alone.

CrazyLady17

Postby CrazyLady17 » Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:02 pm

Hi there :D

Thank you, that's reassured me :) :)

I hate it!!
It scares me. I cry everytime it thunders lol

MyUnseenStarlight

Postby MyUnseenStarlight » Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:06 pm

It's okay to cry. Your only human.

Lightning is one of the most beautiful things in nature. So many times I will sit outside and watch it before a storm comes. I love watching it light up the sky and dance in the clouds. It makes me feel so alive.

BUT ... at the same time it can be very dangerous. So I can 100 % understand your fear.

CrazyLady17

Postby CrazyLady17 » Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:08 pm

Exactly!!
I hide under my duvet(for safety) lol! And cry and cry, until I'm physically sick :( makes me unwell....

MyUnseenStarlight

Postby MyUnseenStarlight » Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:16 pm

:cry:

CrazyLady17

Postby CrazyLady17 » Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:06 pm

Don't like it when it thunders during the night, I never feel safe when it thunders...
My fear of thunder is terrible :(

MyUnseenStarlight

Postby MyUnseenStarlight » Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:36 pm

hmm... Hey you know what. I got a great idea !! Next time a storm comes try using headphones and a portable CD player to listen to your favorite songs. Do they sell them there ?? If so that would be an awesome way to help with your fear.

CrazyLady17

Postby CrazyLady17 » Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:45 am

Ah wha a great idea Star!! Thank you :D
Yes they do sell them here, and I will try your suggestion :)

Hope it works!

4EverMe

Postby 4EverMe » Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:58 am

Hmm. I've got an even better, albeit selfish idea! Send ALL thunder and lightening to ME!!! I love it,
and I cannot get enough of it!
To me, though, it is beauty; The louder/brighter, the better. :-)
I'm sorry these things frighten you. :-(
As a biker chic, it's a thrill to me...

I like smoke and lightening, heavy metal thunder- racing with the wind, and the feeling that I'm under. (lyrics by a song: Born to be Wild.

I taught a niece of mine to step out of her fear of thunderworks, just by pointing out their beauty and colors. (food for thought) ;-)

CrazyLady17

Postby CrazyLady17 » Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:02 am

LOVE IT!! Yes! I will send all thunder to you 4everme! How can you like it? It's scary and it's so dangouos? People die from the lightening bolts etc..... Scares the hell outta me, I get physically sick.
Don't think I'll ever get over this fear :(

Next time a storm hits here I'll send it to you, deal? :) ;)

Prycejosh1987

Re: Phobia of thunder?

Postby Prycejosh1987 » Sat Jun 06, 2020 1:38 pm

CrazyLady17 wrote:Okay this may sound a little odd, strange and crazy but hey who cares? Not me! Aha!!

Anyway....
I have always been so scared of the thunder and lightening and everytime we have a thunder storm I hide away under my duvet and curl up and go to sleep with my music on. Sometimes I wake up as I feel so sick and end up being sick as I hate the thunder that much.

Does anyone else have a phobia of thunder?

Lightening does not strike twice. Striking once in itself is rare. How many times have you heard of someone being stuck by lightening. There are billions of people in this world (that is just this era) maybe 30 people have been stuck by lightening ever.

Return to “Phobias”