Finally going to a doctor....

Miscellaneous Posts.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, Astrid

Sway121

Finally going to a doctor....

Postby Sway121 » Sun Sep 27, 2009 6:13 pm

Hi everyone,

Sorry if ive posted this in the worng place or have broken some unwriten rule but please forgive i just need some advice.

A few nights ago I had a bit of an episode, and phoned my doctor out of fear and made an appointment to talk to him about whats wrong with me.

The thing is I'm now so terrified of going and speaking to him I don't know wether I can go through with it. So I'm just asking has anyone got any advice on how to deal with their first visit to a doctor about this. I've seen a therapist for a few years now but have never taken it to a medical level.

Please get back to me if you can but don't put yourselves out.

thanks

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Sun Sep 27, 2009 6:25 pm

(((((((((( Sway )))))))))))))

It isn't easy going to a doctor, any doctor, the first time. Something has happened to get you to this point, so please listen to your body and do it.

Write down what the issues are, and also write down, if needed, a note to that doctor, saying your fears of being there. Sure he will understand and will put you at ease. I have done this and the doctor weas more than comfortable with my doing that. He said, at least I was honest with him and he did make the 'first visit' much easier for me.

Just a thought, hope it helps.

Also, you have not broken any rule, the forum is here for support and understanding with each other.

Please make that appointment and then let me know how it went? Okay?

Luck go with you, and know my thoughts are with you as well.

Warmie/Jeanie

Sway121

Postby Sway121 » Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:08 pm

Thanks for answering warmsoul

I nearly broke a few weeks back and i thought it was just a new low point but recent events tell me otherwise. i know i need medical help now, so i am going to go to that appointment and i will keep you posted.

thanks for the advice, i'm going to try writing it down in case i just decied to seize up or breakdown he can still help me then.

again thanks so much for answering cant tell you how much it means to me

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:40 pm

(((((((((( Sway )))))))))))))))

Your words, whether written or verbal, will help the doctor to help you. Will be looking for your reply on how things went.

Luck and good thoughts

Warmie

Mich

Postby Mich » Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:50 am

Sway - I hope things have gone well at your appt and that you were able to express what you needed to get out be it verbally or by the written word. I often have to take written things to my doctor. I hope you will post and let us know how it went.

xn728

well done sway

Postby xn728 » Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:34 pm

hello sway ,dont worry about the doctor ,you need to tell them just how you feel so the correct help can be offered ,ive had to tell my doctor some pretty weird things ,but he,s great im sure he looks forward to my visits ,you,ll be fine ,keep in touch we all care here ,xn728,,,,ken

Sway121

Postby Sway121 » Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:20 pm

Hi again everyone

Thanks for the messages of support.

I'm afraid I didnt go to my appointment. My fear got the better of me.

Sorry i wasted everyones time by posting this thread and then not listening to any advice i was given.

my apologies

lisalou

Postby lisalou » Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:19 am

you have not wasted anyone's time at all, don't beat yourself up about it, you can go to the doctors when you're ready. there is no need to worry about what your doctor will think - it's his/her job! depression is really common and they deal with it every day. i hope you will be ok

Lisa xx

xn728

when your ready

Postby xn728 » Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:48 am

yeah just go when your ready ,what ever they have for you ,will be waiting for you when you make it there, no ones time was wasted .we are here to listen xn728

Mich

Postby Mich » Tue Oct 06, 2009 4:47 pm

Please don't think that you wasted our time. I am so glad you reached out and you can go to the doctor when you feel more ready. We are here for support.

Return to “Other Thoughts, Feelings and Messages”