bored and depressed, can you recommend me something.

Miscellaneous Posts.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

Dubliner

bored and depressed, can you recommend me something.

Postby Dubliner » Thu Jan 07, 2016 1:31 pm

hey there guys, im so bored and fed up, could anyone recommend something nice to me, like an album or food or website, something wierd and wonderful, or something youd recommend me getting or trying in my own time something to relieve this overwhelming jaded feeling, preferably not films though, i can never follow film plots and never make it to the end of them.
thanks very much guys.

nenkohai2

Postby nenkohai2 » Thu Jan 07, 2016 4:48 pm

Of course, I have no idea as to your taste in music. For me, though, music has brought a lot of healing and peace into my life.

I know we're not supposed to have links in our posts, but I will tell you that you can find these artists on the U-Tube.

A healer for me:
Shamanic Touch by Sufi's Life (from Organic Beats Vol 4)

while you're there Check out "Zikkurat" by Chronos. I find it a powerful motivating tune.

That is the genre that I poke around in most. Might suck for you... everyone has their own tastes... :)

100footpole

Postby 100footpole » Fri Jan 08, 2016 11:31 am

Dubliner,

You are so right that the best way to beat depression is to find an interest that distracts you from ... prevents ... takes the place of ... your feelings of boredom which lead to depression.

I was writing a journal until my attention span got too small. Since then I have been posting on here, and using the #motivation chat room to take positive actions. I use the chat room to inspire me to do things that I wouldn't have otherwise done. The group has inspired me to begin exercising for 30 minutes a day, and I have written notes to old friends that I wouldn't have sent otherwise. I make a point of keeping the notes positive ... talking about things that I find while surfing the web that I think would be of mutual interest. I have gotten several replies, and have to control myself not to sound too desperate. I am looking into reading Blogs and then adding comments with similar links on the notices, although it is hard to keep track of the blogs.

I like that nenkohai2 shared some YouTube interests with you. I have gotten onto a website called Wattpad for writers who are looking for input on their work. Let me know if you find any writers on there that interest you.

Best Wishes,

Return to “Other Thoughts, Feelings and Messages”