Meaning

Miscellaneous Posts.

Moderators: windsong, cj-, BlueGobi, Moderators, Arryn, Frame

nenkohai

Meaning

Postby nenkohai » Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:46 pm

Maybe there is no meaning to life. But that's not to say one can't lead a meaningful life.

Know what I mean, Vern?

Frame

Postby Frame » Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:18 am

As the song goes; 'And in the end, the Love you take, is equal to the love you make.'
Winston Churchill was a pig headed war-mongering fight-loving Statesman who believed in negotiating as far as you could lob a bomb even though he practiced his speeches (every noun, verb, period and pause) for about an hour per sentence.

He was also a chronic depressive painter (hmm, I wonder what Van Gogh might have done as Prime Minister) who was out of sync with his time so they ignored him. Then he was in perfect sync with his time so they made him Admiral and Prime Minister. Then he was out of sync again and they left him behind.

He struggled with all of this and in the process helped win back the free world from eminent darkness.

I like his remark; “ Success is the ability to go from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm.”

jj

Postby jj » Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:17 pm

I can't remember where I read this, it might have been in the chat or in these forums even, but I saved it for times when I have questions like these myself:

"all you can do is imbue the world with the meaning that exists inside of you.. whether it is a need, or a purpose, or love.. the world doesn’t exist to fill you with purpose, you exist to fill the world with purpose"
Raise your words, not voice. It is rain that grows flowers, not thunder. --Rumi

SMcGregor

Postby SMcGregor » Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:21 am

If you had security – in income, in love, in safety, in health and more – would that lead to your happiness? If you had more friends, a family, a better career …. would that lead to your happiness? If you had abundance in all things you need – would that lead to your happiness.

It's definitely your own choice.

Return to “Other Thoughts, Feelings and Messages”