Social Media

Miscellaneous Posts.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

nenkohai

Social Media

Postby nenkohai » Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:18 pm

removed
Last edited by nenkohai on Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nenkohai

Postby nenkohai » Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:56 am

removed
Last edited by nenkohai on Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Destination

Postby Destination » Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:43 pm

nenkohai, whether or not you are addicted to social media I can't say, I'm no expert but I do know this:

Sometimes there are things that are difficult to talk about with a significant other. Especially if you suffer from social anxiety and anger problems, like I do. I don't talk to my husband about things that bother me because I'm afraid to. I'm afraid my anger will get out of control and I will go off on him and not stop. I'm also afraid to get hurt if I tell what I am thinking.

On a computer, I don't have to be afraid. I can tell people what is bothering me without seeing them face to face. I can tell the secrets in my heart and on my mind without hurting a loved one, or being hurt.

The problem with sharing those things in a public place like FB or LI, is that it can cause problems in your professional life as well as your personal life. Here it is much more private. You can talk to people who understand what you're going through without exposing it to all your colleagues or to your family, who may not understand.

If nothing else, it is safer to be addicted to this forum than to something so public like FB or LI. I mean think about it, do you really want a bunch of strangers who don't care, to know your pain? Or would you rather be among people who not only care, but actually understand your pain?

Hope that helps. (( huggles for nenkohai ))

nenkohai

Postby nenkohai » Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:01 am

removed
Last edited by nenkohai on Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Destination

Postby Destination » Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:54 pm

In order to keep the peace/harmony, I'll assume the wrong in almost every situation.

Yeah, I find myself doing the same thing all the time. Though in my case it is not to keep the peace, it is just because I am scared. My first husband was very abusive. If I "mouthed off" to him, I got hit, it was that simple. Even now I am still afraid of a violent reaction merely for sticking up for myself. It takes a lot for me to say what I think these days.

nenkohai

Postby nenkohai » Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:49 pm

removed
Last edited by nenkohai on Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Destination

Postby Destination » Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:44 pm

lol there isn't a magic solution, but at least it is nice to have people who understand sometimes. From what I gathered in your first post, you don't find much understanding from the very person who should be supporting you, not haranguing you. I'm not saying it is easy for a significant other to look past her own feelings and ask what is wrong but I hope she will try. I hope things will work out for you both. (( huggle ))

Return to “Other Thoughts, Feelings and Messages”