Just so overwhelmed

Everyday life. How was your day?

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

heavyheart38

Just so overwhelmed

Postby heavyheart38 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:51 pm

Last day of the year. Very average year, highlight was going overseas for the first time. Opened my eyes to what's out there. Anyway it's basically done. Have massive feelings of being overwhelmed by the lack of what I've accomplished in my life ( I'm 42), I feel trapped in my job, feel unappreciated at home, put down, insulted and mocked by my wife and kids, outwardly I look normal, inside I'm sobbing, unhappy and at the end of my tether. Just feel so over everything. Sorry for the downer, especially when it's all about new beginnings, a clean slate. For me, nothing's going to change. Just sucks...

missB22

Re: Just so overwhelmed

Postby missB22 » Mon Dec 31, 2018 4:05 am

I'm a military wife with a recently diagnosed rare blood disease that has caused partial paralysis and constant nausea and vomiting. I can't go anywhere or do anything. My husband has been very supportive, but I know he's getting to the end of his rope. I'm in so much pain constantly that I can't even get out of bed most days. I'm 31 and have no career, no children, no friends and no life. But I have to hope that this is just a super terrible chapter of my life, and things will change. You're in my thoughts.

heavyheart38

Re: Just so overwhelmed

Postby heavyheart38 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:30 am

Wow. That puts things in perspective. My worries pale in comparison to what you are going through, and what you have written here has genuinely bought tears to my eyes. YOU are in my thoughts and YOU are doing as good as you can with the hand you have been dealt. I salute YOU ma'am for being able to see through the darkness.

Return to “Living with Depression and other Related Health Concerns”