How to keep going

Everyday life. How was your day?

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

Willa

How to keep going

Postby Willa » Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:32 pm

. ... ..................... deleting........................
Last edited by Willa on Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous29

Re: How to keep going

Postby Anonymous29 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:56 pm

Hi Willa,

That’s a great question, I ask myself the same question everyday. I would say to appreciate the things you take for granite and acknowledge that it could always be worse. 11 years ago I had a bad concussion that resulted in permanent brain damage. Since then I’ve suffered from “mental fogginess” that detaches me from reality, sort of like a dream state (very hard to explain). This resulted in serious depression and I was unable to obtain true happiness because I would constantly think that my life would be so much better if I didn’t have these problems. Despite the mental fogginess I managed to go to college and graduate. As of 4 years ago my symptoms got much worse and my intelligence was greatly effected. I now have a college degree that is pretty much useless because of the loss of intelligence, and I walk around in utter disgust of what my life has become. My point is, I was depressed before I had the loss of inteligence, but if I could have the brain I had 4 years ago back I would be immensely happy. I didn’t know what I had until it was gone. So appreciate the things that you have right now, acknowledge and hold on to all of the good in you’re life. I hope this reply helps you. I joined this forum this morning in search of help, so you’re not alone.

Best Regards

Willa

Postby Willa » Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:45 pm

... . .... ... . . ... Deleting ..................
Last edited by Willa on Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous29

Postby Anonymous29 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:22 pm

Hi Willa,

Well if you don’t have brain damage, that’s one thing to be thankful for. I think the key to happiness is finding a purpose in life, something I need to figure out as well. I have some people in my life but often I wish I didn’t because I know that my problems are a burden on them.

Best

CamilaWillaims

Postby CamilaWillaims » Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:15 am

I second Anonymous29

Return to “Living with Depression and other Related Health Concerns”