I feel i have no self worth and failing my family

Everyday life. How was your day?

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

Wattsie26

I feel i have no self worth and failing my family

Postby Wattsie26 » Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:04 pm

Hi over the past few years i feel my life as gone to shit. Ive lost my home which as resulted in me moving back in with my parents with my husband and two young children. My marriage is failing there is no trust any more, i constantly check my husbands phone and emails as i have seen message after message of him speaking to other women i can feel him slipping away. Im angry all the time which is resulting in me not talking to anyone for hours on end. I feel im constantly on my own i a house full of people, i try my best to be a good mum but feels like my children dont listen they are still quite small so hopefully that will change soon. I feel unloved, unlistened to and no one gives a dam. All people do is take tale take want want but as soon as ive got nothing left they want then i disappear, vanish from peoples minds. I put up a front so people dont judge me over my failing marriage and my failings as a mother.

tops

Re: I feel i have no self worth and failing my family

Postby tops » Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:02 pm

I feel sad for you. It is so hard to not only lose your home but have a husband who is not there for you. You are probably a good mother and wife and that is why you feel they take take take. Women want to give love and attention to those they care about, but sometimes overdo it. Remember that YOU teach people how to treat you. You can give plenty of love and care without letting kids, husband or anyone walk all over you. If you don't take care of yourself you won't be able to take care of your family. Learn to just say no without guilt for one thing. Start teaching the little ones to help you if you are overwhelmed with chores for example. Do chores together. The toddlers can always learn to pick up their things and put them into a box for example. After they help go outside and play with them if possible. Enjoy the good things around you as much as you can. Would there be a chance for marriage counseling. Is there someplace that does not take money, like a group . Can someone watch the kids while you get a way a bit? I went through a lot of what you are going through but never lost my home. I cried a lot but did not give up. Please hang in there for the kids if nothing else. Things got better for me. It took some time. I hope it gets better for you too. Bless you.

froggymom

Re: I feel i have no self worth and failing my family

Postby froggymom » Tue Jul 03, 2018 2:18 pm

You are a wonderful creation of God and a one of a kind. You were created to be happy and whole. Sometimes things happen in life and it gets away from us and knocks us down, but you can take your life back. You are important to your children and they need you. Children don't generally show appreciation to mom because they are just learning how to think of others rather than themselves. My daughter was 21 before she began to say thank you and mean it. Have you talked with your husband and told him how you are feeling and what you need? Have you asked him what he needs from you? Maybe some marriage counseling and/or individual counseling could help (https://bit.ly/2u2SI3w ) you on that journey. It may not be easy to work through the issues and hurts, but it is worth it and, God will help you if you ask.

Return to “Living with Depression and other Related Health Concerns”