defective.

Everyday life. How was your day?

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

une.chanteuse

defective.

Postby une.chanteuse » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:47 pm

For as long as I can remember I have never felt like I was of any consequence to anyone. As I child I always worked as hard as I could to get good grades, be good and practice piano like I was supposed to because I craved that moment where someone would say that I was good enough and worthy of their love. Whether it be because of talent, or intelligence or beauty. And for a minute it would feel like I mattered and that someone cared but it would fade so quickly and leave me feeling completely alone inside. I have always given immensely and cared so deeply about the people I love to the point where I don't think they understand how even the smallest negative thing from them shatters me. I think that's why it hurts even more when I go to the same people and say "I don't know how to be happy" and they either say I'm just "too emotional" or somehow ungrateful for what seems to be the status quo. I have felt alone inside for as long as I can remember and have spent 30 years trying to earn people's love.

I am so tired. I wish I could feel joy. Satisfaction. Content. It has reached a point where I have barely spoken to my husband in a few days because I can't think past how much I wish it could just be over. All I want to say to him is "I'm sorry that you married me. I am sorry that I can't be a good enough wife to you. I am sorry that I am complicated beyond what I can understand. I was just made this way and I can't fix it."

I am so tired of trying and wishing I felt loved or happy or anything. Everyday is a countdown to sleep. When can I just make it stop? I don't have the guts to kill myself. I don't have the means get help but I can't live like this anymore.

lovetodance2018

Re: defective.

Postby lovetodance2018 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:02 am

My heart goes out to you. I have been where you are. First of all, you need to learn not to be so hard on yourself. You are a wonderful caring person. You are beautiful on the inside and out. You are uniquely made and there is only one of you. What helped me was getting the right help through counseling, medications, knowing my triggers, keeping my thoughts under control, and strategies on how to cope when I am feeling low. I learned many times I had unrealistic expectations for myself and others. This group (https://bit.ly/2DS3v7S) has counseling online and can give you recommendation on how to proceed to get better. Also one of my favorite books that helped me is called Battlefield of the Mind (https://bit.ly/2IQhptu). It teaches you how to keep your thoughts under control and keep them in perspective. I will be praying for you. Know you are not alone and you will feel better. Please feel free to pm me anytime. Everyone at DUF is here for you and cares. Hugs.

lovetodance2018

Postby lovetodance2018 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:08 pm

Just wanted to check up on you and see how you are doing this week. You have been in my thoughts and prayers. Hugs!

gjetson33

Postby gjetson33 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:35 pm

I hope that things are better for you this week. I have felt like that way before as well. I know with me I had to start with self love. I had to learn to love me and be okay with me and all that comes along with me. We go to others to find comfort, but they may not understand and we have to learn to be okay as well. Take a look at you and note all the things you love about yourself. Allow your husband to love you, he may not feel the same way that you feel about being a wife. Life can be better for you, it takes one day at a time. You can do it! I believe in you!!

Chuck Wood

Postby Chuck Wood » Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:40 pm

Having the lack of happiness, lack of interest, joy and so forth is one of those states of mind that need the "going against the grain" type of actions. Unless this puts you in a dangerous state, what is needed is to do what you don't want anyway. Just go though the motions of activities, watching movies (especially comedies), and maybe being with others too.

It won't feel good to do this, and that's possibly the reason it works. We don't start out lifting weights without are muscles hurting. We still go to the gym and lift that damn weight again, soon enough that pain becomes ok cuz look a what you just atchieved, you got a buff bod now.

try going against the grain.

Return to “Living with Depression and other Related Health Concerns”