Tuesday's little successes

Everyday life. How was your day?

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

Cactus.ly

Tuesday's little successes

Postby Cactus.ly » Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:15 pm

Hey all.

This is my first time posting. I suffer from depression, anxiety, and PTSD. I had a tough day yesterday and found this forum along the way. I needed someone to talk to who wouldn't say the wrong thing.

I want to wish everyone a better, if not happy, Tuesday and hope that you will share what you accomplished today despite/against the weight of depression.

So far, I managed to get up almost as planned, hose off my back porch and weight-lifting equipment of bird droppings and dust (using bleach and water), and do a light workout that I was also content with it despite not being as planned. I also managed to eat breakfast (yogurt and oatmeal) and make a burger to bring for lunch (so I don't have to buy one).

A while back, I spilled some landscaping rock around one of my bushes out front. I decided to leave it as decoration, since it was so heavy and awkward to pick up again. I just made sure to free and trim any limbs stuck under rock...However, the bush started drying up. It is usually a very strong and resilient plant. Today, I realized the rock was keeping water from the roots. Before I hosed the porch, I managed to dig out more rock and create a, well, depression where the roots and soil could breathe and collect water. I hope this helps my little bush recover.

This wasn't easy at all... If feeling up to it, I hope that you will also share your "little" successes today against the weight of depression.

jennypa

Re: Tuesday's little successes

Postby jennypa » Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:47 pm

Sounds to me that you are very poetic in your hard days work. You've have had many successes but many little ones. But to me, out of every small and simple things come many greater results.

As for me, how I come off the conqueror of depression, I work at it. Help those around me, doing services before me. For that is the way the truth and back to the light. I make sure never to give up on my small and simple things because like I said before, out of many small and simple things come many more greater results.

Have many more greater results,

jennypa

Cactus.ly

Postby Cactus.ly » Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:38 pm

Indeed, I do believe in the little things... thank you. Wishing you the little wins towards big accomplishments in your day today.

coffeetime24

Postby coffeetime24 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:24 pm

It helps in the spring time when we can tend to things to help them grow. We can provide nurturing, care and love and see the beauty come from it. gardening helps.

Cactus.ly

Postby Cactus.ly » Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:58 am

Thank you both; both of your posts touch on how setting and accomplishing goals can help ease depressive symptoms. It can be very difficult to initiate steps towards activities that provides satisfaction and validation. How do you do this when you are having trouble finding headspace to get out of bed or even eat?

Return to “Living with Depression and other Related Health Concerns”