Need some reassuring/motivational words!

Everyday life. How was your day?

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, Astrid

Hayzell

Need some reassuring/motivational words!

Postby Hayzell » Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:38 pm

After years on that waiting list I finally got a letter through for an appointment with a therapist! But there's a catch... today is the last day I have to ring up and confirm I'll attend else I lose it and will have to go through the whole referral procedure again.

(Nice one IAPT, give an anxiety-ridden girl a deadline for making a phone call and if she doesn't manage it due to her problems, make her wait even longer for help - nah, I understand they can't afford to have an appointment go to waste but wow it just puts so much more pressure on me)

It's half one in the morning now, can't ring until 9am earliest, 4pm latest so still got a little time to prepare but nervous as anything, I'm terrified of phonecalls.

I really so need and want this appointment I just can't afford to lose it. But the thought of making a phonecall... ergh, I'm in a cold sweat. If anyone has any positive words or advice about picking up that phone then they would be muchly muchly appreciated!

crystalgaze

Postby crystalgaze » Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:12 am

Hi Hayzell! Did you manage to pick up the phone? I hope you did.....

Well, just a hello, & yeah, I don't like phone calls much.... They're usually a disaster, but I just try---even if I have to imagine what the phone call is going to be like in advance & practice lines for how to respond....

Hayzell

Postby Hayzell » Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:23 pm

I made the phone call :) Stumbled over my words a bit but the woman on the other end of the phone was really patient with me so that helped.

Extremely relieved it's done with now and now in just over a month I'll finally get to see a therapist - good times :)

crystalgaze

Postby crystalgaze » Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:56 am

Yay! I'm so happy for you!! (I stumble over my words, too, sometimes because I get REALLY nervous....)

Good for you!!!

Return to “Living with Depression and other Related Health Concerns”