Nenkohai

Members' personal profiles.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

nenkohai2

Nenkohai

Postby nenkohai2 » Tue Feb 16, 2016 10:56 am

My name is a mash-up of a couple different Japanese words. "Nen" loosely translates as "thoughtful." "Kohai" means underling learner. I don't know if these words ever occur together in Japanese language; I'm not Japanese nor is there any in my bloodline.

I'm an aspiring artist with a 100% artist temperament and outlook on life. This subject comes up frequently in my therapy sessions. I tried to get life to imitate art - be art. That didn't work out. I started to accumulate massive and unnecessary drama in my life.

Realizing that my life isn't art (perhaps in a more popular sense - i.e. movies and such) doesn't keep me from being weird. It doesn't keep me from believing that I have lived many past lives; that truth not only will be stranger than fiction but stranger than we can possible perceive now.

My weirdness causes, or at least contributes, to feeling restless and unfulfilled. Add in the socialized norm that weird is bad and unproductive, I get depressed. Episodic for me. I might be bi-polar.

I've been trying to accept what I am: empathetic to a fault; loyal; creative; addictive tendencies. I do my best to stay out of trouble - I could be a "skirt-chaser" if I allowed it. I will not. Although, I totally crack when a woman actually pursues me - that's only happened once.

I believe that being nice to someone does not constitute flirting. I drink too much coffee; rarely alcohol; can swear like a sailor at times; and need to lose about 40 lbs.

Nimbus

Postby Nimbus » Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:28 am

Hi there!

It's ok to be interested in words mixed together from a language we don't speak or have in the bloodline, I have always had a keen interest in those things too.

"I believe that being nice to someone does not constitute flirting. I drink too much coffee" that makes two of us!!!!

I'm not an artist tho, I actually sux on doing anything, I don't have any skills.

100footpole

Postby 100footpole » Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:46 am

Nimbus,

We're not born with skills, we develop them.

It sounds like you have a lot to say ... Do you say it as much as you want?

Art is more of a formal way of expressing oneself ... I think interest comes first. Pick an Interest and then think of "The Art of ... that interest".

Would like to hear more from you on the boards. "The art of posting"

Allanabase

Thanks for sharing

Postby Allanabase » Tue Aug 10, 2021 8:40 pm

Great

Return to “Profiles”