Depression Newby

Introductions and welcomes.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, Astrid

theburg

Depression Newby

Postby theburg » Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:18 pm

Don't know how to use this site yet but I have been depressted a very long time. Atipressants don't work for me very long. I am considering ECT.[/b]

Monty

Postby Monty » Mon Aug 24, 2009 6:14 pm

Welcome to the forums deburg,

It can be very frustrating to think that you have an anti-depressant that will finally work. Only to find out that it's effectiveness is only temporary.

For many years it was suggested that I try ECT. I didn't because of the threat of memory problems.
Finally in the late summer, fall of 2007, I got to the point where someone else made the decision for me.

Did lose a block of memory, about 3 months or so. If you were to total it all up, what I can remember from that period, is about an hour.

Know that they can't explain why it works for some people and not for others. For me it worked. Someone told me that it was best that I "can't" remember what happened during that period. Guess I was doing very poorly.
I am fortunate that I have some good friends, who took care of me for the coupls of months that I was waiting for admission to hospital (I come from Canada, with a chronic waiting lists for procedures). They more or less babysat me.

I hope that I would never let it get to that point again. I am hoping that I would be able to make the decision on my own, and would decided to go with my pdocs recommendations.

Just my story.

Return to “New Member Introductions”