Just saying hello

Introductions and welcomes.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

Who,me?

Just saying hello

Postby Who,me? » Sat Mar 23, 2019 4:29 pm

I was in desperate need to talk to someone, anyone last night. Google depression and wow the hits you get! Anyway I found this corner of the web and sat in on a chat. Threw some money to help with the upkeep and decided to take the leap of faith and join today. Thank you for that.
A little history: 62 M long divorced, 1 son. A history of depression that goes back longer then I can remember. 30 years back I went into a psych ward twice to try and get a handle, bandage only. Lost my wife and son over it as I was incapable of even moving it became so bad.
I was at the end it all stage and best friend talked me down. She is not in the picture anymore and I just do not have anyone to talk to about it. We taught myself to become functioning with the waves that would come over me. It was always right there but under the surface. I do not know what happened but since December it has been overtaking me. The last few weeks it has become all encompassing again. I force myself to function but every day, it has been a struggle. VERY sensitive about telling anyone from work. Lose job sensitive.
That is it in a nutshell, thanks for reading. I will get into chats when I can, but I am almost always only have internet access 1-2 days a week. Nature of my work. Out in no mans land.

Starbuck

Re: Just saying hello

Postby Starbuck » Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:30 pm

Just wanted to say Hi and Welcome. I'm glad you found this place, and hope to see you around on chat as well. There are a lot of good people here and I hope you'll find the support you need and looking for. Stay safe and stay strong.

SirOats

Postby SirOats » Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:39 pm

Hey who, thanks for sharing your story. I'd like to encourage you to try 2 things; 1 for you, 1 for others.
For you. If you go to church consider joining a small group, if you don't go consider starting. Plenty of people there to share & learn from.
For others. My suspicion is that you have a wealth of experience with which you can share with other strugglers. Consider searching thru posts here with a mindset to encourage us with your tales. I'm certainly interested. Prayers bro.

kevinloveslena

Postby kevinloveslena » Sat Mar 30, 2019 6:03 pm

Hello and welcome to the forum! I am sorry that things are tough for you right now, though I can understand. Unfortunately, I struggle with severe depression due to a work injury several years ago. In fact, I was extremely familiar with that “end it all” stage four years ago when I could not get my pain under control. It seems like you are in a rather tough spot with the isolation of where you live coupled with the current time of the year, which are two rather significant causes of depression. I don’t know what your spiritual beliefs are, but I will pray for you during this time. I do have a couple of thoughts. First, if you have a bible, I would also suggest reading the book of Psalms as most of them really add a lot of sunlight and brighten one’s day. Also, if there is a local church that you could attend and get into a small group, I think it would really help you. God bless you and I look forward to hearing more from you in the future.
Kevin

Prycejosh1987

Postby Prycejosh1987 » Sat Jun 06, 2020 12:28 pm

Who,me? wrote:I was in desperate need to talk to someone, anyone last night. Google depression and wow the hits you get! Anyway I found this corner of the web and sat in on a chat. Threw some money to help with the upkeep and decided to take the leap of faith and join today. Thank you for that.
A little history: 62 M long divorced, 1 son. A history of depression that goes back longer then I can remember. 30 years back I went into a psych ward twice to try and get a handle, bandage only. Lost my wife and son over it as I was incapable of even moving it became so bad.
I was at the end it all stage and best friend talked me down. She is not in the picture anymore and I just do not have anyone to talk to about it. We taught myself to become functioning with the waves that would come over me. It was always right there but under the surface. I do not know what happened but since December it has been overtaking me. The last few weeks it has become all encompassing again. I force myself to function but every day, it has been a struggle. VERY sensitive about telling anyone from work. Lose job sensitive.
That is it in a nutshell, thanks for reading. I will get into chats when I can, but I am almost always only have internet access 1-2 days a week. Nature of my work. Out in no mans land.

I understand where you are coming from. Figure out how to be motivated. Problems come to everyone. Rekindle your relationship with the "people" you lost. I dont think you should tell anything to anyone at work unless you can trust that they will have your best interests at heart. You should always have someone you can talk to about what makes you depressed.

Return to “New Member Introductions”