lost in my own mind.

Introductions and welcomes.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

Findingmyself2019

lost in my own mind.

Postby Findingmyself2019 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:25 am

Hello, everyone, I am new to this, I've been so depressed and my motivation is completely gone, it has been two weeks since the last time I did my homework I just feel like I can't do it anymore. I just wrote a paper on how I am feeling right now and it did help to find this place so at least something happened.
anyways I hope to chat with some of you all.
good night.

HeatherBliss

Re: lost in my own mind.

Postby HeatherBliss » Tue Mar 05, 2019 6:35 pm

Welcome to the group! I'm glad you found your way to this forum and were able to finish your writing assignment. I believe there's always an underlying purpose for any pain we experience and that you ended up in this group for a very good reason. I pray you'll find a few good friends on here along with the motivation you need to stay on track with school. Hang in there and trust that things will get better soon. Sending you warm hugs and God's love. :)

Chinadoll13

Postby Chinadoll13 » Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:50 pm

It sounds like you found a way to channel your feelings. Keeping a journal is a great way to express yourself and release all those pent up emotions. I have depression too and also keep a journal. It allows me to pour out my negative emotions as well as express my good days. Reaching out to this group was also a great idea. Depression feeds on isolation so interacting with others can be a huge step in the right direction. You are doing some great things to help yourself - keep going! Eventually, your motivation will return. I would also suggest that you talk with your doctor and see if they recommend a professional counselor or medication that could boost your mood. Take care of yourself and keep up posted!

Jtw

Postby Jtw » Mon Apr 01, 2019 1:22 am

With depression you have to live one day at a time. Don't focus on the long term, just put your energy into what you can do. Don't push yourself with all the pressures of tomorrow, just deal with one thing as it comes and then move on to the next.
I can tell you, as a long-term survivor, it does get easier. Hang in there.

sunandbutterflies

Postby sunandbutterflies » Wed Apr 03, 2019 3:59 pm

Welcome to the forum. I am glad that writing out the way that you are feeling has been helpful. So sorry for the way that you have been feeling. Have you spoken with a counselor at your school to describe how you have been feeling? They may be able to help you sort through some of this and your assignments.. Do you have people that you can trust to help support you in this? Maybe you could tel your parents how you are feeling? Perhaps speaking with a doctor, therapist, or licensed counselor would help you?
I hope that you are able to keep a journal, as another poster said, it can be really helpful. I also find praying, listening to music, and exercise to be helpful.

Sadinatura

Postby Sadinatura » Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:29 am

I went through this stage of not wanting to do anything, I know, and can at least imagine how it feels. I know how you feel that you are slowly digging a hole you soon won't be able to climb out of. I hope you find motivation soon and you can get back on board with your homework. It takes some time but soon you will find something that gets you back on your feet. You are not alone. If you would like to chat, feel free to pm me.
-Inatura.

Meh

Postby Meh » Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:15 pm

Really sorry to jump on your thread but I'm new here too, can someone show me how to start a new thread? I cant find the button anywhere. I've looked where faq said. I'm on a mobile if that makes any difference.

Thanks
Last edited by Meh on Sat Apr 27, 2019 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

windsong

Postby windsong » Fri Apr 26, 2019 2:33 pm

Meh, on the board you want there should be a button that says new topic in the place above all the discussions. Usually towards the left. Hope this helps

Prycejosh1987

Postby Prycejosh1987 » Sat Jun 06, 2020 12:20 pm

Findingmyself2019 wrote:Hello, everyone, I am new to this, I've been so depressed and my motivation is completely gone, it has been two weeks since the last time I did my homework I just feel like I can't do it anymore. I just wrote a paper on how I am feeling right now and it did help to find this place so at least something happened.
anyways I hope to chat with some of you all.
good night.

Think about what why the lack of motivation and take it from there.

Return to “New Member Introductions”