How Did We Get Here...

Introductions and welcomes.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

LostHopeGirl

How Did We Get Here...

Postby LostHopeGirl » Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:24 pm

Hello everyone

I am new here. My name is Parker. I am hoping to find like-minded people here. No, I don't mean other people who are depressed although that is part of it. But I mean other people who actually realize that it matters if you care about other people in life. Other people who know how extremely invalidating it feels to count on friends and find you cannot count on them at all in times of crisis, or at your lowest points. You can count on them when things are great but is that really a friendship? Is that really being human? Isn't the ability to reach out to those in need the most important component of being a human?

So how have we all gotten here? I'm sure we all have different stories and I'm sure they are all heartbreaking and or sad. But I think we all got here for the same reason, that we feel totally alone and we shouldn't. I don't know about anyone else but I am tired of it. It's not how it's supposed to be. However, I have no idea how to fix it and the more it happens the more of me just disappears until I barely have anything left right now. That's why I'm here tonight and I don't even know if it will do any good but I'm going to try

You can call up so-called crisis lines with people who appear to care and go by a script. God forbid anyone trying to call a suicide hotline because if you would say you were suicidal all they would do is lock you up.

So what do we all do? Why is it like this when it doesn't have to be. For people who are not in our position all it would take is a little reaching out and probably none of us would even be here talking about it because it would help if anybody cared

I won't drag you all through the weeds of what has happened to me recently because it's probably happened to you and it's happened to me before and the bottom line isn't what happened it's how you get through it and how you get through it should be with the support of people and that is so lacking in the world. So what do we do?

I'm sure we all actually knew each other we would see that we are not Misfits, we are regular intelligent people probably with more compassion then some. So again, how did we get here?
Why does it have to be this way? Is it truly like Einstein said the best thing you can learn in life is simply how to survive it?

I don't know anything anymore except I have very little hope and it shouldn't be that way, for any of us

LostHopeGirl

Re: How Did We Get Here...

Postby LostHopeGirl » Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:05 am

I guess maybe it just doesn't matter anywhere

LiveLaughLove2018

Postby LiveLaughLove2018 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:37 am

Welcome Parker, I am glad you reached out on this site. You are right we all have people we thought we could count on but they weren't there when you needed them. This group is for encouragement, to let you know you are not alone, and yes we have been in similar situations. I have learned that people are not perfect and you can't always count on them. Also, that some people are only around for a certain season in your life. Through my faith, I have learned though, that God is always there for me, even when my friends are not. I look to Him for the strength I need to get through my day. It really makes a difference when I pray to Him. If you feel like you would like to share what is going on in your life, I am here to listen. I have gone through many struggles with depression and life circumstances that have made me a stronger person today. I still have my ups and downs but I know God is my strength. I will be praying for you. I can tell you are a caring and loving person. Know you are not alone. Reach out anytime on this group. We are here for you. Lots of Hugs!

Jeff1966

Postby Jeff1966 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:45 am

Parker:

I thought I responded, but I don't see it so I will try again. It does matter. Sometimes our loved ones and friends aren't there for us because we haven't asked for help or expressed how we really feel. Hopefully, by reaching out on here we can find some support. Tell us why you have lost hope.

- Jeff

Return to “New Member Introductions”