Greetings fellow darkness dwellers

Introductions and welcomes.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

Mellowjello

Greetings fellow darkness dwellers

Postby Mellowjello » Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:55 am

Hi! I'm new here, but not new to depression.
I kept that demon at bay in dark corners of my subconscious for years. Sadly it crept up on me.
I have been dealt a bad hand in life and I refuse to pick up this new card. Many events that happened in my life have lead me here and I'm probably going to use this place to wallowing in self-pity but maybe I find fellow comrades on this journey.
I feel this journey is often traveled by many but often traveled alone.

littlestarsmum

Re: Greetings fellow darkness dwellers

Postby littlestarsmum » Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:10 am

Welcome aboard, friend!
I’m sorry to hear about your struggles. I know it’s not easy to go through depression. It’s a very complex issue that deserves personal and in-depth attention. Are you seeing a therapist/counselor? Remember that you’re not alone and you deserve to feel better. You can always come here to share, and I’m sure you’ll find a lot of help and support. I just said a prayer for you, and I hope that God will provide the strength and help you need at this time. Sending hugs & prayers your way!

jessicared

Re: Greetings fellow darkness dwellers

Postby jessicared » Thu Aug 23, 2018 4:45 pm

Hello,
I giggled a little bit when I read your title. I like that you can still be clever and humorous even dwelling in the darkness. I am the same way.
I was just thinking today that I haven't had this type of depression in many years I think since I was a teenager, maybe once in my late 20s I'm in my 30s now.
Just like what you said it was hidden in the corners of your mind always there.

I remember times when I would think to myself I haven't experienced depression for so long I forgot what that feels like. that thought alone keeps me afloat in this Darkness I find myself in. I know it will pass it's just a storm albiet a very long storm for me but I'm hanging on.

Hope to read more from you :D

Return to “New Member Introductions”