depression and anxiety

Introductions and welcomes.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

Waterlily

depression and anxiety

Postby Waterlily » Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:28 pm

I'm not sure where I should be posting. I am new here. I suffer with depression and anxiety. Since I was a teen. I find myself slowly starting to get a little better and then bam by husband goes out and drinks I'm right back to where I was. I just don't know anymore th proper thing to do. I have left him. I have been there for him. We now live with my son and daughter in law and there children. He's a good guy but, just doesn't get what he is doing to everyone.

Helloraspberries1

Re: depression and anxiety

Postby Helloraspberries1 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:21 am

Awww I'm sorry to hear what you had to go through. Sorry to also hear that your husband hasn't been as supportive as you hoped. It sounds like you took it upon yourself to make reasonable changes for yourself and that's really good to hear so you should congratulate yourself for that.

Is your husband going through anything? I don't know if he does but you mentioned going out drinking. Has he got help for that?

I know Depression can get in the way in a relationship. It's always important to know that you get the support you need but apart from that it sounds like you already from your sons and other family members you suggested. In terms of support how has people been supporting you?

At the moment are you taking medication? If so has that been helping?

Do you think therapy might help at all? Talking to someone who isn't someone you know might be better for you as they won't judge.

Remember your not alone and I hope things get better. Just take one day at a time.

Hugs

Helloraapberries

ahhope4u

Re: depression and anxiety

Postby ahhope4u » Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:28 pm

I am sorry that you are going through this-but let me say congratulations as well- for working on it and being there as your son grew up- I did the same and it is harder to stay sober and focused than it is for husband- that being said I too wonder if it is worth staying - but then I remember that whether or not he is sober - God gives me my own life, my own choices, and my own opportunities- it is hard detaching form our loved ones, but the same compassion that you give to others, you can give to yourself. Many blessings as you work through this- give yourself time and remember that everything doesn't have to be decided and done all at once.

Return to “New Member Introductions”