New Member, I guess just looking for support

Introductions and welcomes.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, Astrid

MarcyK

New Member, I guess just looking for support

Postby MarcyK » Fri Sep 23, 2016 12:46 am

Hey everyone. So I'm brand new here. I'm 27 years old and have been struggling with depression and anxiety since at least my early teens. I am on medication for both and have been in and out of counseling, and I guess at this point in my life I just feel like I'm struggling a little more than usual, in general, with everything. Anxiety has been bad lately, panic attacks more frequent, and just feeling really sad and alone. So at this point, I'm sort of just looking for another way to sort of get support, talk to people who understand how I'm feeling and what I'm going through, and I've never tried message boards or anything before and thought maybe this would be another channel to pursue, because I know there are other people out there like me. And if I can be of support to anyone...I would love to, because I don't want other people to feel how I feel when I'm feeling alone.

So basically just, hi, and thanks in advance.

ianad

Re: New Member, I guess just looking for support

Postby ianad » Sat Sep 24, 2016 8:03 am

Hi!

Helloraspberries1

Postby Helloraspberries1 » Sat Sep 24, 2016 12:01 pm

Hi welcome to the forums.

I'm glad you are receiving help for your Depression and Anxiety.

You said you been in and out of counselling. Why's that? Was it not helpful to you? Counselling takes time and can be a good experience. I don't know whether you would receive counselloring again but I would.

What kind of help are you looking for? Is there anything in particular you want advice on?

Sounds like you are trying to find your feet in finding ways of trying to cope. You already are which is a good thing. I don't know if you have ever tried support groups or volunteering but I find they both can get you to meet new people, talk more about your feelings and share good conversations together. In the long run you will find it beneficial and hopefully helpful. You can find more on the website, Be Inspired by typing that into Google.

I hope you feel better soon and that we can some support in future.

Please therefore keep reaching out.

Hugs

Helloraspberries1

CitM

Postby CitM » Mon Sep 26, 2016 4:41 pm

Welcome!!

The fact that you found this site means that you are an active participant in your recovery, which increases your odds of recovering.

I have been in and out of depression too, and anxiety is really a problem as a result. Depression can set up a bunch of failures in your life or make it a lot harder to do anything, especially compete with bright academically gifted people half your age. I can totally relate to what you are saying.

I found that my 30s were much better. I hope you find the same thing. Physical recreation is key. I'm not going to tell you to go out and exercise. But you'll stick more with something you enjoy.

Return to “New Member Introductions”