I am new here.

Introductions and welcomes.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

megreek

I am new here.

Postby megreek » Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:14 pm

:cry: I am not actually crying, I just feel like crying. There are 3 things going on with me - on a continuum that I believed I had put behind me: religious affiliation, lonliness and pursuit of a career (that I believe I have a good chance at, but I am waiting for funding to pursue). Bottom line: I stopped therapy because I feel like a whiner when my eyes well up and I want to tell myself to "suck it up, sistah."
I guess I'm just scared that I have come so far emotionally since 2005. This summer 2013, I became jubilant because I found my calling at - wait for it ...49. Today I hit a wall. All 3 of these issues gang brained me and I just want to scream.

fallen

Postby fallen » Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:27 am

thought i would say hi
take care

saragupta

hey hi

Postby saragupta » Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:57 am

Hi
first of all, hearty welcome to this site.
U have come to the right place. Here, people listen, guide and advise and sometimes make each other laugh too :)
If u couldn't get help by anyone, at least u will definitely find a few people's story here, with which u can relate to! Sometimes, knowing that u r not the only one to suffer from particular problems or dilemmas, in the whole universe, is just enough to calm down. Am i right!

By the way i am 26, and from India.
Keep posting and elaborate more about urself and ur problems. Everyone is here to listen u.
But don't leave this site if u don't get replies soon enough! There are time differences, as all the members of this site belong to different countries. So... Okay!

:)
Sara.

Katie Smith

Re: I am new here.

Postby Katie Smith » Fri Jan 17, 2014 8:14 am

megreek wrote::cry: I am not actually crying, I just feel like crying. There are 3 things going on with me - on a continuum that I believed I had put behind me: religious affiliation, lonliness and pursuit of a career (that I believe I have a good chance at, but I am waiting for funding to pursue). Bottom line: I stopped therapy because I feel like a whiner when my eyes well up and I want to tell myself to "suck it up, sistah."
I guess I'm just scared that I have come so far emotionally since 2005. This summer 2013, I became jubilant because I found my calling at - wait for it ...49. Today I hit a wall. All 3 of these issues gang brained me and I just want to scream.

Welcome to the site :D

That cycle of not feeling good enough because of these things for example not being able to find a job can make you feel low. The trick to break out of this cycle is to find new interests; make new friends and speak out when you are feeling depressed. Hopefully we can all find comfort from reading that we have gone through the same things. See what other users have put as their way of helping them cope and try them all. Different things work for different people.

Return to “New Member Introductions”