The dark

For example: agoraphobia, claustrophobia, social phobia.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

ToxicMoon

The dark

Postby ToxicMoon » Sat Jul 11, 2009 5:51 pm

Im scared of the dark and refuse to sleep in it if im on my own, i can sleep next to my partner but i have to have my own cover or 2 covers completely cacooning me with jus my head on display even that frightens me but i get o hhot under the duvet,
I see monsters infront of my eyes and evil things telling me there gona hurt me

aim

Postby aim » Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:50 pm

Hey Toxic - wish I had answers, but, alas, I am no doctor. Have you thought about where the root of your fear comes from? Anything at all pop into your mind? I'm sure the first step to conquering this fear is understanding why it is you are afraid... have you ever seen a doc about it?

ToxicMoon

Postby ToxicMoon » Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:56 pm

aim wrote:Hey Toxic - wish I had answers, but, alas, I am no doctor. Have you thought about where the root of your fear comes from? Anything at all pop into your mind? I'm sure the first step to conquering this fear is understanding why it is you are afraid... have you ever seen a doc about it?

cos my brother abused me in the dark...

aim

Postby aim » Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:34 pm

Ah Toxic... I'm so sorry to hear that. Have you ever addressed it in therapy? That's really the only advice I can offer you. It is understandable that you would fear it still to this day, but please have faith that you can get through it with some help, ok? I'm sure your partner would be happy to listen, help and support you, but a professional might be able to help you get through it.

Also... have you ever had your partner just hold you in the dark? Just a thought...

missunderstood

Postby missunderstood » Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:15 pm

i also fear the dark. some people laugh when i say that, but it only means that they have not experienced utter darkness. things come out in the dark and faces appear, secrets are exposed, and usually i am alone. inside and out.

the dark is honestly nothing to joke about.
it is a fearful place.

and honestly we should be afraid.

Inkabod

Postby Inkabod » Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:00 pm

I'm the opposite I find safety in the dark.When I was young my three older brothers used to tease and ridicule me and when it gets dark I can hide from them. I've only worked nite shifts because I can't stand what I see during day time to many judgemental people at nite it all goes away and I can get away from some of it and hide in the dark where they can't find me.

mistystarshine

Postby mistystarshine » Sun May 26, 2013 8:03 pm

I can relate. I'm also scared of the dark. I'm always scared that some crazed murderer will come out, and I see dark shadows moving in the corners of my room at night. It's scary, but I think having a nightlight helps. Why don't you try that?

Melibellz13117

Not alone..

Postby Melibellz13117 » Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:11 am

I am extremely terrified of the dark. I am very paranoid and when it's dark out I'm always afraid someone is going to break in and hurt me or something... I also believe that there are a lot of dark forces that come out in the shadows and they have hurt me in the past.. I sleep with the tv on every single night and I never ever ever step foot in utter darkness.

Prycejosh1987

Re: The dark

Postby Prycejosh1987 » Sat Jun 06, 2020 1:27 pm

ToxicMoon wrote:Im scared of the dark and refuse to sleep in it if im on my own, i can sleep next to my partner but i have to have my own cover or 2 covers completely cacooning me with jus my head on display even that frightens me but i get o hhot under the duvet,
I see monsters infront of my eyes and evil things telling me there gona hurt me

Confront your fear. turn off the lights and stand there, and then turn them on. Keep doing this and eventually, sooner rather than later you will overcome that fear. Its more scary to be alone but you have a partner that will protect you. I dont think you should be scared of the dark, you will see the dark at some point in your life.

Return to “Phobias”