Of Failing & Not Making Something of Myself

For example: agoraphobia, claustrophobia, social phobia.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

crystalgaze

Of Failing & Not Making Something of Myself

Postby crystalgaze » Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:11 pm

This isn't too out of hand.

It's just that since the seizures I've had, or aging or what, my brain works a little differently.

I was scared to go back to school for how I everything in my brain kept misfiring. It is getting better, though....

I'm pretty confident I could study again, without having to stop & then have all my effort go to waste--because I would need time to recover.

CitM

Postby CitM » Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:21 pm

When you're brain or body has been through a trauma it is natural to worry that your performance won't be the same as before. The truth is that it won't be the same as before, it will be different, but with the same hard work that got you there in the first place, it can be as good, and even better.

Pretend that the you of the past is a teacher or therapist to you of the present. What would your expectations be of a student with your capabilities as you are now. What plan would you lay out each day as a therapist to get your patient totally functional and on their way?

How would you celebrate mile stones? What would be those mile stones?

I am going to try this approach with myself and see how it goes. Good luck to you and keep on posting!

Prycejosh1987

Re: Of Failing & Not Making Something of Myself

Postby Prycejosh1987 » Sat Jun 06, 2020 1:43 pm

crystalgaze wrote:This isn't too out of hand.

It's just that since the seizures I've had, or aging or what, my brain works a little differently.

I was scared to go back to school for how I everything in my brain kept misfiring. It is getting better, though....

I'm pretty confident I could study again, without having to stop & then have all my effort go to waste--because I would need time to recover.

All the best with the recovery. Good luck.

Return to “Phobias”