Help - I've fallen.....

Shared experiences of life, and the path that has led you to where you are.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, Astrid

deadmomwalking

Help - I've fallen.....

Postby deadmomwalking » Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:57 am

Does my name give me away? Help - I've fallen down a deep, dark tunnel and I can't climb out.

I don't know what the **** is wrong with me. I know I am battling serious, very serious depression and I have no right to be depressed or disappointed or sad or numb or lifeless.

I am so very blessed - I have 3 wonderful children, for now, we are financially comfortable. There are so many people who are struggling right now - I feel like I am very selfish.

I just can't snap out of it. I feel like a robot, like I am walking around in a fog. I have no energy or joy. Just getting through the day is a struggle. Things that I used to truly love that would give me joy are of no interest to me. My primary care physician put me on cymbalta some time ago but it does not seem to be helping. I feel sad and can't cry. When something happens that is funny - I can't laugh.... I just can't - can't do anything.

There is a lot to my story - I am almost 50 so I have a long history - overall - I have had a wonderful life. It is so sad - as much as I want help, and want to reach out - I can't even write here.

If anyone has some words of wisdom of where to start - I am desperate - I want to feel alive again. I used to be so full of life, so much fun, so involved in everything....now I am just so lost......

Thank you for reading.

deadmomwalking

Postby deadmomwalking » Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:58 am

I forgot to add - My kids need their mom back!

deadmomwalking

Postby deadmomwalking » Sun Apr 26, 2009 4:24 pm

Oh well - I guess I should not have tried to reach out for help!!!

Good luck to everyone who cares for each other here

Bye

georgiapeach

Postby georgiapeach » Sun Apr 26, 2009 6:24 pm

(((((((( deadmomwalking )))))))))))))
just so you know we are not as fast to answer always with a response. someone will always reply, just give it time please, there are many here willing to listen and give advise... are you seeking help outside of the internet though, like w/ a therapist and a psychologist? do you have peer support at all?

Blue

Postby Blue » Sun Apr 26, 2009 6:47 pm

I'm sorry you're feeling this way. A lot of us here understand this. I hate that I have no tangible reason to be depressed but just because we have things in our life that are great, it doesn't mean that we have no right to be depressed. Sadly it's not a choice. It's great that you have reached out to your doctor and here too. Could you talk to your doctor again about adjusting your meds?

xx

Return to “Your Story”