I AM FEELING DEPRESSED ABOUT THESE THINGS

Shared experiences of life, and the path that has led you to where you are.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

channing28105

I AM FEELING DEPRESSED ABOUT THESE THINGS

Postby channing28105 » Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:00 am

I am a female with Autism the Apepergers kind from Charlotte North Carolina.I am feeling Depressed because I amFeeling frustrated and lost in looking for volunteer work in Charlotte, North Carolina to do from 10:00am-2:00pm on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday because I would like to work and do not want to be bored with nothing to do on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday,Thursday and Friday . Because of this I am in need of help in a MAJOR WAY I have tried places like the Library they say that they do not have anything because of budget cuts, I tried the Matthews Help Center the only thing they have is Friendship trays which requires me to drive and answering phones, A place I volunteered at before which is Habitat for humanity I had a bad thing happen to me there because they said I talked too much . I do have an interest in wanting to volunteer for a Church doing Janitorial work or office work. IT WOULD MEAN A LOT TO ME TO do some volunteer work in Church doing some Janitorial work or Office work. I have a MAJOR interest in Church bells- Carillons, Electronic Carillons. My favorite electronic carillons are the Maas-Rowe ones. I would love to be able to program an electronic carillon to play at certain times and special Days especially one of the Maas-Rowe ones. 2 Churches that I know that have a Maas-Rowe Carillon in Charlotte North Carolina is Dilworth United Methodist Church on East Blvd and St. Lukes Lutheran Church in Charlotte, North Carolina .I am wondering what can I do for volunteering because I am feeling frustrated and Lost in looking for volunteer work.

I am feeling depressed because I am wondering What do the Maas-Rowe Grand Symphony Carillon Versions of these songs sound like?:

1. Holy Holy Holy
2. Blessed Assurance
3. How Great Thou Art
4. My Country Tis of Thee
5. Fairest Lord Jesus
6. Just a Closer walk with thee
7. Christ the lord is risen today
8. Jesus paid it all

I would love to hear these songs live in person IT WOULD MEAN ALOT TO ME. I have an interest in Sound I would not mind hearing the analog versions of these songs IT WOULD MEAN ALOT TO ME.

If you know any answers please message me.

Channing

aim

Postby aim » Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:29 pm

Hi Channing - I can't imagine a church turning you away for wanting to help for free, even! Have you gone to a rectory and asked about it?

I'd say it's definitely worth a try! Maybe you could help with a soup kitchen? Just a thought...

Return to “Your Story”