OK, here goes...

Shared experiences of life, and the path that has led you to where you are.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, Astrid

Monty

Postby Monty » Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:52 pm

Looking back I can see that I am the one that seems to be throwing things off topic on threads. I suppose part of the problem I pose for you, is that I have been told that I post just the way that I talk. I reply to the threads like I am talking to you in person (to what I read on the screen) through my keyboard.

Maybe here it would be best for my brain to engage before my fingers hit the "submit" button.

It would be appreciated, if I go too far off the thread that someone would point it out, like georgiapeach has done. It won't hurt my feelings. I know what it is like to want help, and not get it and would rather not interfere with their process.

I will make sure that I back, and fully look at the thread before I reply.

aim

Postby aim » Wed Mar 25, 2009 5:10 pm

I don't think anything wrong was done. I think that, just as a normal conversation goes, sometimes it heads in different directions. We would never ignore or forget about anyone, including the person who started the thread. I know that. It's a pleasure having you here, Monty. You and everyone who posts... all are listened to, empathized with, and often, given advice if they ask. No one is here to hurt anybody, I also truly believe that. Keep posting, Monty. And don't be so hard on yourself!

Monty

Postby Monty » Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:30 pm

Thanks Amy for your remarks.

I know that I have a sensitive guilt trigger.

Do try to work on that one.

Has been said if the guilt train goes by, I am the first one on.

aim

Postby aim » Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:52 am

I think a healthy does of guilt is ok, but if you're boarding the guilt train? Too much for one person to take on themselves, Monty.

I learned, quite recently actually, that I needed to learn to forgive myself for things that I've done. What happens to me is, I do something that feels wrong, usually morally, and I take that guilt out on myself in the way of anxiety. I learned that I needed to accept the things I've done, repent for them, forgive myself, and move on. I can't carry that guilt around with me, it will swallow me whole.

Good lesson to learn. Why can we forgive others but it's so difficult to forgive ourselves?

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Thu Mar 26, 2009 5:08 pm

Hi somanycritters,

Just checking to see if you are still about and reading. Hope all is well with you and thank you for posting as you did.

Hope to see a reply from 'you' soon.

Take care ((((((((((((((( somanycritters )))))))))))))))))))))

Jeanie

Return to “Your Story”